HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks for the great video by carrera I installed my light LEM into my 45c. Haven't taken it to the range yet, but it seems to function-check alright. To best describe it, I'd say after the first long DA pull (if slide isn't racked), the subsequent DA pulls are like a v1's SA pull. I think I like it, but I'm left wondering... what is the advantage to this light LEM trigger-wise? The engaged DAO trigger is very similar to the v1 single action and are at about the same weights. The main reason I converted was to get rid of the saftey to get a higher grip. Why was the light LEM developed in the first place? Also, technically what variant is my HK now? 7 or 9?

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Your HK45c is now V7. The point of the LEM is ease of use combined with safety. Be prepared to take a little time to get used to the LEM because it is pretty different feeling than the DA/SA.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I'd say after the first long DA pull (if slide isn't racked), the subsequent DA pulls are like a v1's SA pull. I think I like it, but I'm left wondering... what is the advantage to this light LEM trigger-wise?
You can't necessarily tell everything about the LEM trigger unless you go to the range and fire live ammo. It's the recoil that reloads the next round that cocks the hammer spring and makes every trigger pull the same - very light compared to the V1's double action trigger pull. With V1 you must compress the hammer spring with the trigger - with LEM the gun does that work for you.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I just can't get used to the LEM trigger in my P2000, I prefer the DA/SA of my P2000sk, just do not like it, unfortunately when I bought my P2000 they didn't have any in 357 sig except in LEM, decided to give it a try and hate it. Wished I could have found it in DA/SA.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts