HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday my parts came in for my LEM kit on my HK45c. After watching the install video I had no trouble installing it myself and it was a great feeling. I actually shoot a LOT of 1911's and actually figured I would leave my HK45 V1. After my first trip to the range I realized that was not going to happen, as stated I shot a lot of 1911's so I only really feel comfortable shooting a gun with the safety with my thumb riding the safety. Well I quickly realized this was NOT going to happen on the HK45c from the first shot to every subsequent shot after my thumb would depress the decocker. I fixed this by putting my thumb under the safety but knew I didn't like the lower grip, so the safety HAD to go. Well after installing and shooting the LEM yesterday I AM A CONVERT!!! I actually think the light LEM I installed is a MUCH better trigger then my V1 in single action, AND with the added benefit of no thumb safety. I could not have done this install without all of your useful information and knowledge here. So I would like to thank you all from the bottom of my heart for setting me up with the HK45c OF MY DREAMS!!!

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
Jdub --

Welcome to the M1911-HK45C LEM group. I've always owned M1911s and taken a dozen professional courses with them so I'm comfortable with the riding the safety procedure. As noted the HK lever does not lend itself to this, nor is a lever necessary with LEM. No "transition" issues for me going to the HK45C-LEM, just no lever. And that constant, 5 pound trigger pull, is almost as good as a good M1911.

As HK (and my instructors) recommend the slack comes out of the trigger as soon as the pistol points at the target so that by the sights align it's simple a short trigger press to send a bullet down range. The slack is probably 1/16" on my M1911s and closer to 1/2" with the HK45C but it's the same motion. I've not abandoned the M1911, and probably never will, but my HK45C is becoming my near constant companion mainly due to simplicity.

-- Chuck

·
Super Moderator
6,045 Posts
Probably going to LEM my HK45c when I get it, we will see if I like it with DA/SA. If not I will buy another HK45 and LEM it...so I can roll all book of eli.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Jdub --

Welcome to the M1911-HK45C LEM group. I've always owned M1911s and taken a dozen professional courses with them so I'm comfortable with the riding the safety procedure. As noted the HK lever does not lend itself to this, nor is a lever necessary with LEM. No "transition" issues for me going to the HK45C-LEM, just no lever. And that constant, 5 pound trigger pull, is almost as good as a good M1911.

As HK (and my instructors) recommend the slack comes out of the trigger as soon as the pistol points at the target so that by the sights align it's simple a short trigger press to send a bullet down range. The slack is probably 1/16" on my M1911s and closer to 1/2" with the HK45C but it's the same motion. I've not abandoned the M1911, and probably never will, but my HK45C is becoming my near constant companion mainly due to simplicity.

-- Chuck
Chuck I COMPLETELY agree with you about the HK LEM trigger and the 1911 trigger. I also took the safety off of my HK45c when I put in the LEM because like you said it is not necessary. Taking out the slack in the LEM trigger is like you said something you do when you are on target not as the trigger pull itself, once you get to the resistance then you do your trigger pull. I love the feel and shoot the LEM WAY better then the single action of the V1. The LEM actually feels more 1911 ish to me then the V1 ever did.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts