HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking into an HK45c v1 with an Ambi Safety in it. I like the Ambi Safety, and I like the light LEM.

Is it possible to:

1. Install the "Light" LEM trigger (4.5lb) on the HK45c
  2. Keep the Ambi Safety
  3. Have the gun work?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
2, I believe so,
This being the real question :p Anyone know for sure? Im thinking if the P30S can do it........ >_>

·
Registered
83 Posts
See http://www.hkpro.com/forum/showthread.php?t=140778

It wasn't with an ambi safety, but it should work with the listed parts.

Note: The above setup was with safety function only. If you want to keep both the safety and decocking function, just keep the current detent plate.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
I installed a light lem om my 45c and kept the safety (you lose the decock function). Pretty sure ambi safety should work as well...

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Looking into an HK45c v1 with an Ambi Safety in it. I like the Ambi Safety, and I like the light LEM.

Is it possible to:

1. Install the "Light" LEM trigger (4.5lb) on the HK45c
  2. Keep the Ambi Safety
  3. Have the gun work?

Thanks!
Yes you can do it and yes it will work. I have done it to a USPc just to see if possible and everything functioned as it should except for the decocking as stated. The HK45c parts are nearly identical so I would expect the same results. My suggestion would be to put a 5-6 detent plate in when doing this. It will allow for the safety but will eliminate the downward decocking travel that doesn't decock anyway.

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
K, so just gathering a parts list here for anyone elses reference:

1. Light LEM kit
  2. 24 Hammer axle . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 214774
  3. 36 Compression spring . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .214104
  4. 37 Slide plate . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .214105
  5. v5-6 detent

Missing anything? Already will have the ambi control lever.

·
Registered
18,641 Posts
Why do you need #2, 3, and 4? You already got those parts from your V1.
Make sure you polish the side of the detent plate facing the frame and grease it up real good.

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
18,641 Posts
I was reading http://www.hkpro.com/forum/hk-handgun-talk/140778-hk45c-variant-7-lem-variant-5-lem-w-safety.html and got a bit confused.

So essentially, I just need the light LEM kit, and the 5-6 detent?

BTW, according to HKParts the 5,6,9, and 10 detent only works on USPs?
That's because the gun in that thread was a V7 (LEM) and didn't have those parts. Yours is a V1 and already has those parts. You'll just need the 5-6 detent plate.

You also want to print out the LEM instructions and read it well. The tricky part is the orientation of the hammer and cocking piece. Make sure the cocking piece goes in the right way or you won't be able to pull the trigger or re-install the sear axle.

Make sure you get this 5+6 detent plate, not the other one (for USP).

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
That's because the gun in that post was a V7 (LEM) and didn't have those parts. Yours is a V1 and already has those parts. You'll just need the 5-6 detent plate.

You also want to print out the LEM instructions and read it well. The tricky part is the orientation of the hammer and cocking piece. Make sure the cocking piece goes in the right way or you won't be able to pull the trigger or re-install the sear axle.

Make sure you get this 5+6 detent plate, not the other one (for USP).
So just to triple confirm

THIS plate, and the Light LEM kit?

·
Registered
18,641 Posts
So just to tripple confirm

THIS plate, and the Light LEM kit?
You sounded just like me. LOL.

Yes, that detent plate and the Universal LEM kit. Don't buy the LEM kit for HK45c because it has fewer parts and costs $22 more. :wink:

The ONLY parts that you will need from the LEM kit are:
1. Bobbed hammer
2. Cocking piece
3. Cocking piece spring
4. Sear

You will use these parts from your gun:
1. TRS (already installed)
2. Hammer spring
3. Hammer axle
4. Detent plate
5. Compression spring
6. Ambi safety levers
7. Catch + control latch
8. Disconnector

Watch the LEM installation video (Carrera's) and you should be golden.

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
You sounded just like me. LOL.

Yes, that detent plate and the Universal LEM kit. Don't buy the LEM kit for HK45c because it has fewer parts and costs $22 more. :wink:

The ONLY parts that you will need from the LEM kit are:
1. Bobbed hammer
2. Cocking piece
3. Cocking piece spring
4. Sear

You will use these parts from your gun:
1. TRS (already installed)
2. Hammer spring
3. Hammer axle
4. Detent plate
5. Compressing spring
6. Ambi safety levers
7. Catch + control latch
8. Disconnector

Watch the LEM installation video (Carrera's) and you'll should be golden.
Sexy. Thanks a ton!

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
How would you go about polishing it?

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
I was reading http://www.hkpro.com/forum/hk-handgun-talk/140778-hk45c-variant-7-lem-variant-5-lem-w-safety.html and got a bit confused.

So essentially, I just need the light LEM kit, and the 5-6 detent?

BTW, according to HKParts the 5,6,9, and 10 detent only works on USPs?
Correct. The only parts you'll need to convert a HK45c V1 to light LEM are the LEM kit (really only the two piece hammer and elbow spring since you're keeping your hammer axle and V1 springs for the "light" LEM) and the 5-6 plate if you want to eliminate the decock sweep. The 5-6 plate is HK45/hK45c specific and not the same plate as the USP 5-6 plate. The only detent that interchanges between the USP and HK45/HK45c series is the V3.

I wouldn't......unless you install it and it hangs up. I would put it in first and see what you've got before attacking it.

·
Registered
18,641 Posts
Use a 2000 (or higher) sand paper or Dremel buffing wheel and lightly polish the plate. You do not want to remove too much material. Just polish until it's smooth. I think 1000 sand paper would work, too.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts