HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey all, I used up all my search fu and successfully confused the s**t out of myself between all the LEM conversion threads and part numbers between the P2000/SK/P30/HK45.

I just picked up an HK45C with factory Light LEM and would like to convert to something around a 6# pull instead of the 4.5# pull (sorry Kevin, I'm just worried that's a little too light to carry, for me).

Would this be the vTGS? If so, can someone be so kind as to educate me on which springs need to be changed out (with part #'s)?

EDIT: I got unexpected results in changing out the TRS. I went from what I presume was the Light LEM TRS to the Heavy LEM TRS (this one). This changed my trigger pull from about 4.5-5# to 8#. I was expecting (and hoping for) a pull in the 5.5#-6.5# range. My main thought in changing the TRS at all was that 4.5# is just too light for an EDC.

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok, I think I got it figured out then. Simpler than I thought. I already have the light TRS, light hammer spring, and light firing pin block. So I just need to change out the TRS for the heavy LEM.

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
yep

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I got unexpected results in changing out the TRS. I went from what I presume was the Light LEM TRS to the Heavy LEM TRS (this one). This changed my trigger pull from about 4.5-5# to 8#. I was expecting (and hoping for) a pull in the 5.5#-6.5# range. My main thought in changing the TRS at all was that 4.5# is just too light for an EDC.

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
Have you weighed your trigger or are you guessing it's 4.5#? I'm unable to get my HK45C below 5.5 pounds (weighed with my digital trigger scale).

-- Chuck

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah I weighed it before and after. And the Light LEM conversion was done by HK with paperwork saying they tested it at 4.5#.

·
Premium Member
1,329 Posts
Put the light TRS back in and then put in the heavy FPBS. That should be what you are looking for.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts