HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, wondering if anyone else here has a problem where when they release the mag on their HK with the shooting hand index finger, the mag doesn't properly eject. What's happening is I seem to be squeezing the grip of the gun quite hard when I press the mag release, therefore the mag won't fully drop... my hands must be weird or something lol. Has anyone else had this problem?

·
Registered
88 Posts
Hey guys, wondering if anyone else here has a problem where when they release the mag on their HK with the shooting hand index finger, the mag doesn't properly eject. What's happening is I seem to be squeezing the grip of the gun quite hard when I press the mag release, therefore the mag won't fully drop... my hands must be weird or something lol. Has anyone else had this problem?
Yes, I had this exact problem. I asked here if anybody else had experienced this and got a resounding NO. It was bad enough that I called the guys in Columbus and asked if they had heard of this, they had not. Two things will make the problem go away. One, try to not strangle the pistol so hard on your reloads (seriously) two, the HK45c mags seem to not be very slick from the factory. The more you use them they'll get smoother and will drop easier. The combination of those two things has made the problem go away completely for me. Good luck!

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
If your hand is big enough, try using your thumb as well as index finger (this is what I do with my USP and P2000). Also, experiment with different back straps to see if a smaller one makes it easier to reach.

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
I can squeeze the grips of my Fullsize's with enough force that the mag won't drop free.

Just ease up a little bit, you don't need to kill it.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the replies. Sounds like its a pretty uncommon issue but at least I'm not the only one. I have smaller hands so I can't easily thumb the mag release. It mostly happens when I release with the index finger and not so much with the middle. Still, once in awhile it happens with the middle. Honestly though, I'm not "choking" it. I really don't have to use that much pressure for it to occur. I never seemed to have the problem with my old USPc. I did notice that on the inside of the grip, at the back, bottom (where the lock thingy is) it seems to be quite rough. Is this normal, caused by inserting mags?

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
If your hand is big enough, try using your thumb as well as index finger (this is what I do with my USP and P2000). Also, experiment with different back straps to see if a smaller one makes it easier to reach.
another +1.

I just shift the backside of the grip slightly toward my fingers to allow my thumb to reach the mag release along with my index finger. After do this so often I don't even notice it anymore.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Okay, so I decided to take a video of this because honestly, it's really bugging me. It happens a lot when I drop the mag with my index finger... just the way my hands work, I naturally squeeze the gun quite hard. But, with my middle finger, I am really not squeezing very hard, yet it still happens often. I never seemed to have this problem with my old USPc...
[video]http://s1114.photobucket.com/albums/k539/donkbet45/?action=view&current=2.mp4[/video]

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
It seems like you turning the gun while dropping the mag is causing enough friction to stop the mag from completely dropping. If you hold the gun straight and just push the lever does the mag fall freely? I really don't have any advice to offer on how to fix it though...sorry.

·
Premium Member
3,928 Posts
OK first off, I like your wall decorations. now that that's done... is your glove catching the edge of the mag? I couldn't tell from the vid. also, "The Chad" makes a good point too, it looks like your canting (turning) the gun in your hand. can you eject the mag without doing so? for me, I generally have to cant the grip of a handgun when using a traditional (American) button mag release, however with HK's i find i do not have to do so....

good luck...

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Glove isn't catching... Anyways, I've swapped the small back grip with the medium one and it has really, really helped the problem!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts