HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys, new to the forum and had a question for those who might know...I recently purchased an HK45c, and to go with it, I bought an 8 round magazine with a flat floorplate. After looking at it and comparing it with other 8 round magazines I own, I noticed a difference in markings, namely, the new magazine doesn't say "Made in Germany" on the front and has "id" stamped on the side of it. Here are some pics:

Any idea what that means?

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
There is no specific reasons for why HK marks their guns and mags differently from one another. What you also have to keep in mind, is those are most likely USPc 45 mags that have been around for a while and where put in with your HK45c. If the mags where made at different times, that could be the reason for them being different. One of the mags could be years old and the other brand new. There is really no way of telling though. Nothing to indicate that they aren't both genuine HK factory mags though.

·
Registered
865 Posts
Do you know where the previous owner purchased that magazine in question.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey guys, the floorplates for both magazines say USPc .45 and the magazine with the "normal" markings (which says "Made in Germany" and lacks the "id" marking) came with a USP 45 Compact Tactical that I bought at a local gun shop. As for the magazine with the "odd" markings, I ordered it from hkparts.net @ HK USP Compact 45 Magazine - HKPARTS.NET and if you look closely at the pictures of the magazine on that website, it shows the same markings that came on mine.

·
Registered
18,640 Posts
Hey guys, the floorplates for both magazines say USPc .45 and the magazine with the "normal" markings (which says "Made in Germany" and lacks the "id" marking) came with a USP 45 Compact Tactical that I bought at a local gun shop. As for the magazine with the "odd" markings, I ordered it from hkparts.net @ HK USP Compact 45 Magazine - HKPARTS.NET and if you look closely at the pictures of the magazine on that website, it shows the same markings that came on mine.
I'd call HKParts or email Adam Webber and ask him directly. Adam owns HKParts.net.

·
Registered
571 Posts
They're both factory/normal. Not sure what the id indicates either, but I've seen plenty of the USP mags with it.

The Made in Germany that runs along the front can be printed in silver, and not actually stamped into the metal.

The floor plates are often unmarked as well, and sometimes they can have both HK and the caliber marked, or just the caliber.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the insight fellas. I'm just a curious guy, what can I say :) While I was messing around with the mags tonight, I noticed another difference. The magazine with the "id" marking has a different kind of weld on the back, which is made of several "dots" whereas the other "Made in Germany" mags have a linear kind of weld. Here are two pictures of the two different kinds of welds:

·
Registered
2,183 Posts
The "id" is a date code, just like on the pistols themselves. That is an older magazine that was made for a USPc .45. I have perhaps two dozen USPc .45/HK45C magazines, and four of them are like your "odd" one. The shoot the same as the newer ones.

IOW, don't worry about it and drive on...:wink:

·
Registered
571 Posts
If it's a date code, are you aware if there's a different 'system' for magazines and such?

If that went according to the standard proof date system with pistols, an id would put it in 1983, which certainly isn't the case.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts