HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I just received my P2000sk 9mm with factory Mepro Tru Dot night sights. Nice little CCW with excellent accuracy.

Now I'm thinking about my next HK and 1st 45 cal. - the HK45c. I saw it can be ordered as light LEM. Not sure it has the safety or not. It costs an extra $110 or so, which is the same as converting from V1 by yourself.

The question is about the Mepro Tru Dot sights. How do they compare to the original factory sights in terms of the size of dots? I just found the front dot on my P2000sk looks bigger in daylight aiming than the one on P7 PSP. Also, has anyone use a different night sights (i.e. Heinie or Trijicon) on their HK45c? I prefer not to install them by myself.

So what's the concensus on the trigger and night sights for HK45c? I intend to use is as one of my primary CCW and opt for light LEM without safety and with factory-installed (by HK USA) Mepro Tru Dot night sights.

Any comments and suggestions are welcome. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Meps installed, stocks in hand

·
Registered
62 Posts
If you want to go with an LEM trigger set-up, go ahead and buy it that way from the start. Most new LEM HK45C's are made here in the USA...not a bad thing...just different from the older HK45C's.

As far as sights go....do you want bigger dots than original or smaller? I have to recommend trijicon HD's again. Love the contrast of a big bright front sight, and the black rear. And they have the standard 3-dot pattern tritium lamps for night.

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Didnt think they make the hd's for 45c/p30

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If you want to go with an LEM trigger set-up, go ahead and buy it that way from the start. Most new LEM HK45C's are made here in the USA...not a bad thing...just different from the older HK45C's.

As far as sights go....do you want bigger dots than original or smaller? I have to recommend trijicon HD's again. Love the contrast of a big bright front sight, and the black rear. And they have the standard 3-dot pattern tritium lamps for night.
What did you mean by saying "Most new LEM HK45C's are made here in the USA...not a bad thing...just different from the older HK45C's."? Did you mean the US made HK45c is inferior in quality to the German made ones? I think all HK45c are now made in the U.S. All the polymer frame and slides are still made in Germany but the gun is assembled in the U.S. using mostly (100% ?) German parts. Correct me if I'm wrong.

I don't think I can order an HK45c Made in Germany anymore. To others who experience both U.S. and German versions of HK45c, any obvious difference in craftmanship? Thanks.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Trijicon HD sights are not available yet for HKs

Visited Trijicon site and noticed no HD sights available for HKs. Not sure why HK is singled out by Trijicon. Maybe HK has a lower volume in civilian market due to its high cost/price tag.

Then, is the Mepro Tru Dot the only option for HK? Thanks.

·
Registered
865 Posts
For me it was the Heinie's Slant Quik Pro 8's I think part # 3950 from HKparts.net. I regards to the trigger my suggestion would be to put about 1000 to 1500 rounds through the pipe before you do anything to it, good luck.

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Meps are great sights, especially because of the price. The fixed are on my usp, p30, 45ct, and the adjustables will be on the expert soon. I keep hearing great things about heinie's but I want to shoot with some installed before I take the plunge.

·
Premium Member
1,329 Posts
What did you mean by saying "Most new LEM HK45C's are made here in the USA...not a bad thing...just different from the older HK45C's."? Did you mean the US made HK45c is inferior in quality to the German made ones? I think all HK45c are now made in the U.S. All the polymer frame and slides are still made in Germany but the gun is assembled in the U.S. using mostly (100% ?) German parts. Correct me if I'm wrong.

I don't think I can order an HK45c Made in Germany anymore. To others who experience both U.S. and German versions of HK45c, any obvious difference in craftmanship? Thanks.
Frames are made here(in NH), barrels and slides come from Germany. All HK45 & HK45c LEM's past and present are converted at HK USA Columbus,GA

Zero quality difference!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts