HKPRO Forums banner

HK45c owners that plan on bugging out.

8374 24
I used the search function for "HK45c Bug Out Bag" but alot of threads about "SHTF HK's" came up. But this is specifically for the HK45c owners (not being a d*** and excluding others, it's just that the HK45c is the only HK I own)... Anyway, for your HK45c owners that plan on stuffing your HK45c in a bug out bag I want to know how do you have it setup. Like the whole setup, mags, WML's, a holster, even the kind of bag you're using and I know it isn't HK related but you can throw in what kind of knife and flashlight you're taking too.
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,904 Posts
You should have seen the response I was getting over on Glocktalk. People were asking the mod's to delete my thread, they told me to stop trolling, telling me I brought a POS rifle, insulting me... and all I asked for was some help getting accesories. I thought the 1911 and Glock fanatics were bad until I met the AR crowd. Or no excuse me... the "Black Rifle" crowd. Just talking about how I got treated kind of pisses me off. In all honesty that's why I choose HK's, not only is it a world class, battle proven weapon but the HK community is alot better than some of the other communities. Unfortunately I can't afford a MR556 so I'll have to continue to surf other forums for AR15 help when I need it.
^ I agree 100%. I like the perceived snobbery of we HK people, but you couldn't find a more snobby place than Glock talk. I don't suck, and my HK's love me, I don't know what they are doing wrong. Some people like thinking they look smart, or they know exactly what they need all the time, or they are always right. Nothing can be better than their stuff. Stupid.

I mean I have a stag M8, but I am saving for an MR556 and MR762. (I do have lots of projects going at the same time, so I don't know how that is going to go. And I want to go to Australia, and that right there will probably $10,000......Top Ramen it is!!!!!) I love my Stag, and got decent advice from AR15.com. And oh man, the wars I have gotten into over MR556 bashing threads, or when someone picks on over an M6-A2, holy crap. But HK's just get it done for me. I have shot them well, they work for me, and I get great support, from the community, and customer service. I mean, if they don't want to have the experience that I have had with HK, that is their business. I also completely understand that specific guns don't fit everyone. That is just life.

·
Registered
770 Posts
We all die...I've seen vegetarian marathon runners drop dead in their early 30's and life long smokers live to their late 80's. What is the "preferred" lifestyle?
Good point.

Reminds me of Jim Fixx, long distance runner, fitness guru and celebrated author of The Complete Book Of Running in the late 1970's.

He wrote another book or two which added to his fame/fortune but dropped dead running a marathon at age 52 of a heart attack, after a daily run in Vermont in 1984.

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Dare remember month's back when you told me you were getting a Glock(nothing wrong if that's what you like gen3 or before) and your username on GT? I forgot to say the sub. forum's there can get just as extreme! The 1911 guy's many went off and started their own 1911 forum from there. I cannot help with any AR info. but some here can point you in the right way. I would like a MR556 but even that gun would get put down over there :)..I might look into a Daniel Defense oneday...later

You should have seen the response I was getting over on Glocktalk. People were asking the mod's to delete my thread, they told me to stop trolling, telling me I brought a POS rifle, insulting me... and all I asked for was some help getting accesories. I thought the 1911 and Glock fanatics were bad until I met the AR crowd. Or no excuse me... the "Black Rifle" crowd. Just talking about how I got treated kind of pisses me off. In all honesty that's why I choose HK's, not only is it a world class, battle proven weapon but the HK community is alot better than some of the other communities. Unfortunately I can't afford a MR556 so I'll have to continue to surf other forums for AR15 help when I need it.

·
Premium Member
4,772 Posts
Dare remember month's back when you told me you were getting a Glock(nothing wrong if that's what you like gen3 or before) and your username on GT? I forgot to say the sub. forum's there can get just as extreme! The 1911 guy's many went off and started their own 1911 forum from there. I cannot help with any AR info. but some here can point you in the right way. I would like a MR556 but even that gun would get put down over there :)..I might look into a Daniel Defense oneday...later
Thumbs up on the Daniel Defense idea! I'm also in the boat with those who can't afford the MR556.

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
I bet they was pissed off about this...Preview - HK MR556A1 Rifle - RECOIL Magazine... RECOIL called it the "Best AR ever". I'm going to put this Bushmaster through it's paces and get used to a basic AR, learn all I can then I think I'll sell it along with another gun to fund a MR556. But I don't see that happening for atleast a year or two. I really want the AR platform to become second nature to me before I get into a MR556.

But back to bugging out, even though I have the AR and the 870 I still think my best bet will be to take a handgun that I can conceal and since I don't see myself taking a AR with 5 mags I'd like to find a way to carry 100-200 rounds of .45 acp. I know I've said this before but this might be a good time to invest in a P30 and ten mags... and 10 mags...15 rounds per mag = 150 rounds.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.