HKPRO Forums banner

HK45C Part Deux

3K views 12 replies 11 participants last post by  bwcsr777 
#1 · (Edited)
Well I finally got around to taking my HK45C out again. I must say I did much better! Dry fire really helped. I'm still not used to the double single so I think I'll be keeping it on SA mode.

10 yrds normal fire

10 yrds alternating controlled pair between tgts

10 yrds controlled pair group

Not great but getting better! Based on this I've decided I can start carrying this gun!

See less See more
#2 ·
You might wanna get that first DA pull down before you start carrying it. The first shot on target is very important. When I got my first HK45c I thought I would never be able to accurately and quickly shoot that first DA shot. Just keep dry firing, dry firing and dry firing. You'll get it. I now shoot my DA/SA HK45c better than my LEM HK45c, but now I'm starting to get better with the LEM one.

#4 ·
mag1 thanks! I just ordered a crossbreed holster and I can't wait to start carrying it.

Darebear, I do practice DA shots. The ones that are really off are DA. I like the HK because I can carry cocked and locked but can also practice DA/SA pulls. I'm not sure I'll ever go LEM though. I like having the options. I even like that the HK45C is slightly more complicated to use than other guns. On the off chance someone else grabs it from me they'll be confused whereas my muscle memory is built in. I even caught myself trying to drop the mag on a 1911 by pushing down on the trigger guard.

#11 ·
My first 1k rounds took me the longest because I forced myself to do DA/SA every other shot. While a perishable skill I think I'm a better shooter. Definitely keep working on the DA/SA transition. I would suggest also practicing with a good revolver.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.