HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, this is my first post on this forum,

I bought a new HK45c on Friday. I brought it home and cleaned off all of the packing lube, then brought it to the range yesterday. The gun performed as I had hoped and expected. FLAWLESSLY....I love this gun.

However, when I got home and cleaned it up I notice some possible damage to the plastic portion of the right rear slide rail. Has anyone else ever experienced anything like this? I sent the information along with photos to HK to see what they recommend, but I'd to see if anyone here has any thoughts as well. The picture does make it look a lot worse than it does when you actually see it and it does not seem to hinder the slide in anyway.

But it appears I can't post the image....

·
Registered
18,641 Posts
Upload your images to some hosting sites (imageshack, tinypic) and post them here. It's hard to see you're describing without the pics.

·
Premium Member
5,018 Posts
You caused this damage, believe it or not. During reassembly, press down on the slide to align the rear slide rails with the cuts on the slide. If you don't, the slide actually pushes agains this flashing to the point that it appears chewed up. Ask me how I learned this?

·
Registered
234 Posts
You caused this damage, believe it or not. During reassembly, press down on the slide to align the rear slide rails with the cuts on the slide. If you don't, the slide actually pushes agains this flashing to the point that it appears chewed up. Ask me how I learned this?
Quite possibly so, but I'm pretty sure that plastic is also left over stuff from the molding process. Once it's gone, it won't have an adverse effect on performance. You'd just have the metal rail inserts and be fine.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You know what, I BELIEVE YOU! As I thought that is may have been what happened, since you've done this as well, has it hurt anything? Seems like an odd design for a firearm of this quality...But it seems it's okay and not an issue, so that's good. Huge mental note...press the slide down lol....

Thanks guys....

·
Registered
191 Posts
Actually the poly should extend forward approx. like the metal behind it, I think...
Have a good one...Tater2...

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
You're good. Like gtm said the user can cause this, but once those bad boys wear down a bit she'll shoot a bit smoother.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I feel much better knowing that I didn't ruin the gun already....I figured it was fine...I'll post the reply from HK when I get it....

Thank you all again....

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Here is the reply from HK...I thought I would post this as follow up....

What you are seeing is "Residual Polymer" from the production process.
This will not affect the frame in any way and is completely normal.
If the polymer freys up and appears to get in the way, simply trim it off
with an exacto knife or razor blade.

I don't believe that it is residual polymer, it is in fact because I hit it with the slide, there is a clear gouge in the plastic. The upside, it won't hinder performance.

Thank you for all of the great replies!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts