HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright guys is there anyway to know for sure whether or not your gun is a true factory tactical model? Which cases did yours come with the black one with foam insets or the molded gray case? Any other markings on the actual pistol itself that indicates a Tactical model?

·
Premium Member
1,054 Posts
The sticker will say HK45C Tactical, HK45 Compact Tactical, or something to that effect.

·
Banned
18,617 Posts
I've seen both black and gray cases.
The label would have Compact Tactical and part number would be 745031T-A5 for V1 or 745033T-A5 for V3.
There won't be any CT or TACTICAL marking on the frame, barrel, or slide.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
OK so I think I got fkd. I just picked mine up and have a 4hr drive home, otherwise I would be searching this info.
So mine came in a black case not the molded one. It is brand new, has true dot sights, threaded hk barrel and two 10rd mags. But the s#, p/n, and description don't match what you guys are saying in order for it to be a true tactical model

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
The thing that makes an HK45c a "tactical" is the threaded barrel. If you have one then you're good to go. Enjoy.

·
Registered
5,589 Posts
IF its NIB, and IF the 'Tactical' threaded barrel serial # MATCH the serial number on the frame AND slide, you have a HK45CTactical, pretty easy to figure out! =)

·
Registered
215 Posts
I was told that the numbers on the barrel and frame don't match from the factory on the HK45CT? So which is it do they match or don't they?

My bad HKFaninMD I just repeated what you said, you beat me to the punch.

·
Registered
5,589 Posts
Oh boy, my bad in that case! Matching numbers sure would help! ... Now what? Im betting this is a real HK45CTactical. Any reports of all matching serial numbered examples!?!?

·
Registered
98 Posts
I just had one shipped out to me today but it will take 2 weeks for the paper work in order for me to pick up the pistol. If not I could go to my FFL and inspect it to verify. I called HK and gave the SN, they told me it was factory built and they received it 1/12/12. Part#745033T-A5 for V3

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Seems lame to me that they are just swapping out the regular barrel for a non-serial maching threaded one and calling the package the CT. the USPCT was a better package than that. if they want to throw in the threaded barral and charge more, great, but at least include the original non-threaded barrel as well. I have two HK45c's with the night sights on them, and two HK threaded barrel, nothing different about mine vs the new stuff accept that mine are 100% German made.

If they would have just gone all the way on this one, and created a "match trigger" for it as well, people would be all over this.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well ill have to do.some more checking when I get home. I love the pistol don't getme wrong I just made several phone calls reassuring that it is a tactical model from the factory before I bought it and had it shipped out here.

On another note surefire called today and told me that they do have an x300 compact model to be released soon that is specifically made for these pistols and other compacts that have little to no rail space.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
The thing that makes an HK45c a "tactical" is the threaded barrel. If you have one then you're good to go. Enjoy.
Brownie said it...if it's got the threaded barrel then it's a tactical. Until Hk releases something else distinguishing the difference between the two, you've got what you wanted. I plan on getting a threaded barrel for mine..."before, after...before, after...before, after." --Steven (Craig T. Nelson) Poltergeist.

·
Registered
91 Posts
As I posted previously, I have an HK45CT tactical pistol that was confirmed by HK. I gave them the serial number and they said it was created as an HK45CT and was part of the overrun made by HK in case some of the delivered weapons to the Naval Surface Warfare unit were defective. The gentleman at HK said since they had some of the overruns left, it was decided by HK to release them to the general public as the HK45CT in order to find out if there was an interest in such a pistol. It was made in the United States with the exception of the barrel, which is threaded and made in Germany. It has Tru-Dot night sights and came with 2 10 round magazines with the (ugly) elephant foot bases on them. It came in a grey case which simply calls it an HK45C. It doesn't say anything on the slide about it being a Compact Tactical, it just says HK45C. HK told me that when the Naval Surface Warfare unit bought these pistols for the Navy Seals, the contract specifically called for the pistol to be made in the U.S. However, according to the guy at HK that I spoke with, they are not making the threaded barrels in the U.S. yet, so they were shipped in from Germany and installed in the U.S. made frames. My serial number on the pistol does not match the serial number on the barrel. That being said, it's really a shooter even though it doesn't say it's a compact tactical on the slide. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Thanks cwp3420 for the update! Mine came in this exact configuration and I assumed the barrels were just swapped out.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts