HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally got an email that a Version 7 was in stock at an online dealer (Can't remember if I can give them a plug in this forum, so message me for their name).

I called HK, and they said 1) the safety/decocker index line on the frame is there (no special frames molded just for Version 7), and 2) the LEM trigger kit ($102) is installed.

Any confirmation for this info out there? I'd like to support a local gun store, but they haven't gotten any DAO Version 7s, so the only way to price shop my new carry piece is by comparing converting a Version 1.

Thanks in advance, SMEs!

·
Registered
478 Posts
I do believe some (although rare) HK45C's were sent to dealers in the LEM mode (stock LEM, not light LEM), as I have see one NIB at a gun store last year and was specifically marked "HK45C V7 LEM" on the box. Buds Gun Shop online had a few HK45C LEM's from the factory with Meprolight night sights installed, but have been out of stock for a while now, as I still think 95% of the HK45C's released from HK come in the stock DA/SA version with decock.

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
Regarding that "white line" (which is of course the index for the safety/decock lever), the only LEM guns I've seen without it are P-series pistols and the few (relatively speaking) USP Compacts that came direct from Germany with the LEM. These were made for the FFDO program, mainly in .40 S&W caliber but a few in .45 back when the government had not yet decided what caliber to settle on. I had one of the latter, but traded it when I moved to the HK45C.

Top Gun Supply bought the remaining inventory the feds had of the USPc .40 FFDO LEM pistol, and blew them out a couple of years ago at a good price. I snagged one of those.

But the great majority of LEM-equipped USP/USPc/HK45/HK45C pistols sold to citizens here come from Germany as V1s and are converted by HK... hence the white lines on the frame.

·
Registered
224 Posts
My HK45 came factory standard with the V7 LEM. Yes it has the white safety index line and mine is a US manufactured BD date code pistol. My P30 is a V1 light LEM and I prefer the heavier LEM on my HK45.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I do believe some (although rare) HK45C's were sent to dealers in the LEM mode (stock LEM, not light LEM), as I have see one NIB at a gun store last year and was specifically marked "HK45C V7 LEM" on the box. Buds Gun Shop online had a few HK45C LEM's from the factory with Meprolight night sights installed, but have been out of stock for a while now, as I still think 95% of the HK45C's released from HK come in the stock DA/SA version with decock.
Good friend of mine picked up one of those HK45C V7 LEM from Buds earlier this year.

·
Premium Member
675 Posts
I purchased a lnib hk45c lem, I found out that this was made this way by hk, confirming the sellers answers to me when I asked if it was converted to lem. It has the white function indicator mark as well. To the best of my knowledge , all hk45c were made with this mark, regardless of what variant it is. I believe , as another person posted , that the p30 series is the only ones made without that mark when they come from hk with the lem. Congrats on the new hk!! I never had any experiance with the lem before I purchased mine, and figured if I didn't like it that I would just convert it to the variant of my choosing. Well, I must say that I absolutely love the lem trigger!! My purchase was almost a case of dumb luck, but luck non the less. You've made an excellent choice, and you can call HK and they can tell you what variant that they made it originally if you want.

·
Banned
18,640 Posts
I believe , as another person posted , that the p30 series is the only ones made without that mark when they come from hk with the lem. Congrats on the new hk!!
Not quite right. Only a P30S/P30LS has that mark from factory because it is the only P-series gun that has an ambi safety. Other P30/P30L do not have this mark from factory, regardless of DA/SA or LEM.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts