HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did a search, but couldnt find quite what i was looking for.

What rail mounted weapon lights fit on the HK45c? The only one i have been able to try is my Streamlight M3, which obviously doesnt fit. Looking for something on the cheaper side, i dont want to drop the money on something like an X300.

·
Banned
219 Posts
Tlr-3.

/thread

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Don't bother with an x300, it won't fit. I run an x5l gen 2 and love it!

·
Registered
54 Posts
The TLR-3 absolutely fits the HK45C and is an excellent choice - probably the best value. The Viridian products also seem to fit as well - they make a light + laser combination as well as a light only and I did shop for one of them recently.

But instead of a Viridian I ended up with an Insight X2 - LED that is basically the same as this:

Insight X2L Tactical Light for HK45C | HK P2000SK - HKPARTS.NET

but without the laser - it's only the light - which is what I wanted. The Insight fits my HK45C and also fits my P2000SK as well as my Glock 19 though the TLR-3 would probably fit those same guns also. The X2 - LED is smaller and lighter than the TLR-3 but it's also more expensive and may fall on the wrong side of the value curve for you.

I don't know why HKParts lists the SureFire X300 for HK pistols - I have an X300 and it's a great weapon light but it's too long for the short rails on an HK - at least a compact HK.

·
Registered
2,183 Posts
The older TLR-1 fits as well, but you have to "flip" the rail block to the rear of the body; IOW between the through-bolt which tightens the light onto the rails, and the battery compartment cover. Plus you have to put a dab of JB Weld or some other industrial adhesive under the rail block to keep it in place, since there is no way to secure it with another bolt back there.

The newer TLR-1s I own do not have the space for this; looks like they did a new body casting. The rail block can only go in front of the through-bolt, which puts the rail block too far forward to fit the short rail on the HK45C.

Why go to all this trouble when the TLR-3 fits fine with no drama?

Because the TLR-1 is a brighter light with more throw and spill; and the TLR-3 uses an oddball battery that can be difficult to find.

IMO, of course. YMMV.

·
Registered
332 Posts
i'd say go with the tlr-3 or 4. i had the x2 for a while, but it felt a little loose on the rail, so i ended up getting rid of it. it fit great on the xd i bought it for, but for some reason it had quite a bit of wobble on both my p2000sk and my hk45c.

if you can justify the expenditure, the c5l is top of the line.

·
Registered
3,628 Posts
I have an M3X they are huge and so I put mine on my FN shottie.. I prefer the Procyon type strobe lights for pistols... can't remember what the new model of them is called

·
Registered
300 Posts
would that tlr3 fit on the USP compact .45 with no issues? and i thought the hk45 would have no problems fitting the surefire. but of course, i've never tried to fit one on lol

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
i'd say go with the tlr-3 or 4. i had the x2 for a while, but it felt a little loose on the rail, so i ended up getting rid of it. it fit great on the xd i bought it for, but for some reason it had quite a bit of wobble on both my p2000sk and my hk45c.

if you can justify the expenditure, the c5l is top of the line.
Don't bother with a c5l unless you have to do to size. It is much less bright than the x5l, but the main thing is the horrible cr2 batteries.

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
I've got the x5l g2, c5l, and x300. By far the x300 is the best light. The viridian's are more versatle though and are alot more streamlined

·
Registered
332 Posts
would that tlr3 fit on the USP compact .45 with no issues? and i thought the hk45 would have no problems fitting the surefire. but of course, i've never tried to fit one on lol
the tlr-3/ 4 will fit the usp/ uspc line, but you have to make sure you order it with the usp or uspc adapter, not the standard mounts. costs a little bit more but fits the pistols perfectly and wont shift when fired. i think the stock number is 69221 for the uspc and 69222 for the usp fs

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
If the 45c's pic rail didnt have the solid portion at the front and instead had 1 more groove, the x300 would fit fine. But because it is lacking that last groove an x300 wont fit.

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
and i thought the hk45 would have no problems fitting the surefire. but of course, i've never tried to fit one on lol
The HK45 doesn't have an issue, the HK45C does. There was supposed to be a mini light coming from Surefire, but I don't know what happened to it.

·
Registered
18,641 Posts
the tlr-3/ 4 will fit the usp/ uspc line, but you have to make sure you order it with the usp or uspc adapter, not the standard mounts. costs a little bit more but fits the pistols perfectly and wont shift when fired. i think the stock number is 69221 for the uspc and 69222 for the usp fs
Or you can just order the TLR-4 for USP or USP compact (69241 for USP compact and 69242 for USP full-size). Then you won't need to order the adapter separately.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Ive thought about the TLR-3 for my 45C but it does not use the same lithium batteries as my TLR-1. I'd like to have interchangeability between the two light sets, but the TLR-3 is prolly as excellent of light as the TLR-1 no doubt.

But i've found it for around $67 w free shipping and in stock, so it is quite tempting.

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Yea man cr2's are a pita if not impossible to find at a good price. At least with cr123 you can get the surefire 12 pack

1 - 20 of 29 Posts