HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Folks,

I'm going to shoot an HK45c this weekend to see if the full size grip fits my hand. In looking for availability, the 2 gun stores I've talked to don't have an idea of when they will be available or pricing.

Anyone have such info?

thanks

·
Registered
18,635 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
id say jump on it, great pistol, other Variants seem more rare than V1, but most PDs i have talked to require you to have a V3, at least the one i work for.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm driving 200 miles (one way) to rent and shoot the HK45c. I'll wait until I've done that to go further. I'm taking USP 9 with me to see how they feel. The grip on the 9 is amazing, it feels like an extension of my hand. I'm hoping the full sized grips for the HK45c feel the same w

More questions: what is a decocker (i can figure out from the word what it means, but not sure what functionality is, or what use it is, etc?). Again, is that preferred for CC?

Folks, I really appreciate all your help.

·
Registered
18,635 Posts
I'm driving 200 miles (one way) to rent and shoot the HK45c. I'll wait until I've done that to go further. I'm taking USP 9 with me to see how they feel. The grip on the 9 is amazing, it feels like an extension of my hand. I'm hoping the full sized grips for the HK45c feel the same w

More questions: what is a decocker (i can figure out from the word what it means, but not sure what functionality is, or what use it is, etc?). Again, is that preferred for CC?

Folks, I really appreciate all your help.
Wow, 200 miles one way. If you lived in FL I would have let you shoot mine.
A decocker is used to release/decock a cocked hammer without letting it hit the firing pin. Instead of decocking the hammer with your thumb, you use the decocker. That's all it is.
As far as cc without a safety, in my opinion, it is safe to do so. Many people here prefer LEM over DA/SA, which does not have a safety.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Wow, 200 miles one way. If you lived in FL I would have let you shoot mine.
A decocker is used to release/decock a cocked hammer without letting it hit the firing pin. Instead of decocking the hammer with your thumb, you use the decocker. That's all it is.
As far as cc without a safety, in my opinion, it is safe to do so. Many people here prefer LEM over DA/SA, which does not have a safety.
That's the closest place in texas I can find that has one that I can rent. I bought my usp 9 when I was over there for work last june, so I know the place and they were great in helping me. That was the first time I'd ever shot a gun so they were very gentle. I also took a gun safety class with them since I had the time.

Thanks for all the advice.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
The safety selector for the V1 is an "Up" for safe, "Down" for fire, and all the way down (will spring back up to fire position automatically) to safely decock the pistol. My 45C was a V1, but I did the LEM conversion and haven't looked back.

Depending on the shooter, a manual safety is not required for a CC gun. Unless you're the type of guy that likes to have his finger on the trigger ALL THE TIME.

Are you in TX? Whereabout?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I was taught early before I even bought a gun that your finger only goes on the trigger when you're ready to fire. I'm in abilene. I'm going to the bullet trap in plano. They have a number of hk's to rent

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Shot the HK45c on saturday. HK pistols feel so good in my hand. I loved it and it didn't take anytime to get used to it. I was going to post a pic of the first 3 mags on targets but I couldn't figure out how to do it. This is the gun I'm going to purchase. Thanks for all your help, folks.

thanks so much.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
If I'd been in town (instead of Afghanistan) I'd have willing let you try mine. Bullet Trap is less than 5 min away from my house and not too bad a range.

Glad you were able to test it and good luck in your purchase.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
If I'd been in town (instead of Afghanistan) I'd have willing let you try mine. Bullet Trap is less than 5 min away from my house and not too bad a range.

Glad you were able to test it and good luck in your purchase.
The Bullet trap folks have been quite helpful. Before I even bought a gun I took an intro safety course where the first 1.5 hours was lecture and the last 1.5 was shooting weapons. I also bought my USP 9mm from them and it was beginners luck. I tried about 4-5 other 9mm and the HK was the only one that felt comfortable in my hand. For somebody with big fingers, the extra space in the trigger guard was a big selling point.

If you ever make it back to the Plano area, holler and we can go shooting. Thanks for your help; keep yourself safe and if you need some girl scout cookies let me know.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
HK45C with the light LEM is what I have, and I highly recommend it!
Please correct me as necessary. The LEM trigger has a lighter pull and is DAO. It has a safety (i think) and no decocker b/c it's da (I'm guessing from what I know so far.) So the advantage of LEM is lighter pull and you can shoot rounds faster.

Can you order a 45c with the LEM already installed? How much does that add to the cost of the gun?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Please correct me as necessary. The LEM trigger has a lighter pull and is DAO. It has a safety (i think) and no decocker b/c it's da (I'm guessing from what I know so far.) So the advantage of LEM is lighter pull and you can shoot rounds faster.

Can you order a 45c with the LEM already installed? How much does that add to the cost of the gun?
Can you also order with night sights. From what I've read that is a better option. I'm not sure how that compares to adding a laser, or not sure it you need both. As always, educate me (I hope I'm learning.)

·
Registered
164 Posts
My 45c came with mepro night sights, so it is possible to get some. As far as the LEM, I love how the trigger feels as the pull is around 4.5-5 lbs. There is no safety outside of the slack in the trigger. You might be able to add/keep the safety (someone else know if you can??) There is a lot of slack before the break but you just hold the slack until you're ready to fire. The reset is incredibly short so follow up shots are a breeze. LEM kits aren't too bad to install yourself. I managed to install mine with just one punch pin and some creativity. There are a few threads with a how to floating around. The kits themselves run around $80 on topgunsupply.com. You can keep looking around for a 45c with LEM for sale. I'm not affiliated with this guy but he can get you what you want http://www.hkpro.com/forum/hk-pistols-sale/149245-wts-h-k-handguns.html

Others may have to chime in, but that's as much as I can tell you about the LEM.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts