HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
866 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A fellow Agent told me that he (a firearms instructor for our agency) watched an episode of Top Shot recently and said that the Hk45CT was one of the guns used in a shoot. I have not found it yet, however a female narrator talking about a M&P 40 pistol that was used stated this:

Weapons Rundown: M&P .40 (2:10)

"The Smith and Wesson M&P .40 is one of the first polymer frame guns to ever be built on a .40 cal"

What?

·
Registered
12 Posts
pretty sure they had a usp tactical 45 and as for the first polymer built on a 40 cal round was the USP im almost positive they scaled it up for 45 and down for 9mm

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
pretty sure they had a usp tactical 45 and as for the first polymer built on a 40 cal round was the USP im almost positive they scaled it up for 45 and down for 9mm
They did use the USPT .45 on one episode. Maybe he just confused with the HK45ct which isn't too hard to do especially if he's not "an HK guy".

·
Registered
106 Posts
I can't watch these reality gun shows. They make me rage at the tv with all the nonsense they say and do.

·
Registered
765 Posts
I actually enjoy Top Gun. Honestly, I'm jealous of some of the fun those competitors get to have. I'd pay money to shoot at targets from a zipline, or the sidecar of an old motorcycle. Those guys get to do it for free.

However, American Guns annoys the snot out of me. That one is just another show about a second hand store, similar to the one with the pawn shop or the guys that drive around collecting junk to sell. Not really much about guns in that one, it's all about the business.

Sons of Guns is hit and miss. A lot of this season seems to be way too focused on the drama, than on the actual work being done.

·
Registered
854 Posts
Pretty sure that the morons who produce this crap have no interest in accuracy or authenticity they simply make up any reason they can to place products for the highest bidder...the show is 100% scripted from beginning to outcome and has no merit whatsoever...its another piece of reality TV garbage...just my $0.02 but I HATE the use of firearms as a media tool

·
Registered
765 Posts
...just my $0.02 but I HATE the use of firearms as a media tool
So, wouold you prefer that the large number of people who haven't been exposed to firearms (by their parents, grandparents, etc.) end up with only the news portraying guns as nothing more than a tool of violence? How about all those great "gangsta" movies of the 90s to form opinions of guns on? Actually, I applaud them for finally putting firearms into a good light.

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
The good thing about these shows is the introduction of firearms to the mainstream in a positive light. Especially Top Shot, where they practice safe gun handling and marksmanship. I too get annoyed by the misinformation presented, but I think it is a good thing for law abiding gun owners.

The show is just like any other reality show, and has turned into a marketing opportunity for manufactures. However, on the whole I think it is a good thing.

·
Registered
854 Posts
Sons of Guns is a huge joke amongst my shooting group--after one of my many friends won a lawsuit against the moron who runs their 'shop' after he massively messed up an AK build ( it looked like they used a diegrinder on the reciever)...

Instead of fixing the rifle after a very colorful argument over the phone...the shop full of retards ran his rifle thru the bandsaw and Fed Ex'd it back with a note " see you in court ***hole"

Yeah...they are real great examples for the firearms community...

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Sons of Guns is a huge joke amongst my shooting group--after one of my many friends won a lawsuit against the moron who runs their 'shop' after he massively messed up an AK build ( it looked like they used a diegrinder on the reciever)...

Instead of fixing the rifle after a very colorful argument over the phone...the shop full of retards ran his rifle thru the bandsaw and Fed Ex'd it back with a note " see you in court ***hole"

Yeah...they are real great examples for the firearms community...
Not sure if you were directing at my post, but I'd agree that the show you mentioned is an exception to what I said. I am mainly referring to Top Shot and the amount of new shooters it has brought into the community. Besides some of the personalities, it's hard to argue with guns being shown in a positive light.

·
Registered
866 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Oh I like the Top Shot show I was just commenting on the lady talking up the S&W M&P crap. As for the show Sons of Guns, the show sucks and so does the main guy who used to be the FFL holder until the ATF pulled it for missing NFA firearms. I read that the government allowed an employee (guy w/ tatoos and long gotee) to be the holder of the FFL. Then I read that the employee left to open up his own shop. Just what I read somewhere.

I'll try and find that info.

·
Registered
854 Posts
Agree they TRY to show them in a positive light...but they are also making Average Joe think they can go to Scheels and pick up a rifle and shoot 600yards all before the next commercial break...

Calling that show an actual competition is hilarious...the whole thing is edited and scripted and over-dramatized...there have been several previous contestants who have said that the whole thing is edited to look seemless and there were dozens of takes...its just funny to me that so many people think that its 'real' (not referring to anybody in this particular group....mainly idiots in my department)

I've told most of them to go watch a 3-gun match sometime if they wanna see REAL marksmanship and talent...

·
Registered
106 Posts
Pretty sure that the morons who produce this crap have no interest in accuracy or authenticity they simply make up any reason they can to place products for the highest bidder...the show is 100% scripted from beginning to outcome and has no merit whatsoever...its another piece of reality TV garbage...just my $0.02 but I HATE the use of firearms as a media tool
This is pretty much it. Some one walked into a room somewhere and gave some gun facts like, such and such households in america own guns and there were insert big number of gun sales last year, and networks just throw money at them. Now its everywhere on tv and every dummy with a reality show takes a trip to the range. A few weeks ago I was flipping through the channels and ran across mob wives at the the gun range. I'm sure that portrayed use of firearms in a good way. :580:

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Top Shot is the only gun related TV show that doesn't make me cringe and want to vomit. The unsafe gun handling just sickens me in Sons of Guns and American Guns. Top Shot seems to take safety seriously and presents the gun community in a positive light. Who cares if their results are scripted, it's pretty good.

·
Registered
3,251 Posts
Yes they did the USP Tactical .45, not the HK45CT. A lot of times people will refer the the USP as an "H&K 45" because they don't know the real name of the USP and don't realize that the HK45 is actually an entirely different model.

Anyway, there is a better show on the History 2 channel (H2) that is called "Top Guns". It has the same host as "Top Shot", only it's just about the guns, with none of the competition or boring drama that goes with "Top Shot".

1 - 20 of 31 Posts