HKPRO Forums banner

Hk45CT sold for $157.03

3K views 12 replies 13 participants last post by  gtbigup 
#1 ·
I had some time on my hands so I thought I would google any new images of the Hk45CT, my favorite gun, and I came across this:

Hk45CT sold for $157.03 on Guns 4 Pennies............I'm sure it is some type of scam or something.

Anyone else see this site?

#3 · (Edited)
Not really a scam, just a shift of dollars the buyers are paying from one column to another. You're paying for each time you bid up a penny... so while a bunch of people bid a hundred or so times at a $0.01 each time, they had to pay a couple cents/dollars for each bid they placed. So sure, someone paid $157 for the gun, but a bunch of people spent hundreds of dollars to just to bid on it. Typically they will sell you bids in blocks of 50, 100 or more... and you're paying a couple cents to a couple bucks per bid. (The more bids you buy, they cheaper they get on a per $/bid basis)

#4 ·
Its another one of these sites that make you buy your bids, then you have to pay the list price if you win. Never done it so I dont know if you really come out the other end with a cheap gun. Not something I'd be willing to try. Remember, theres no free lunch!

#5 ·
That true! There is a 'Fast Pennies' car auction site that sells cars like that. This summer in my own town on the news a guy won the auction, and bought a brand new 2011 Mustang GT 5.0 for $546 dollars ... I checked out the sight and 3 weeks before some lucky SOB won the auction and bought a brand new 2011 Camaro SS2[yellow with black stripes] for $5.24!!!!!!!!! Yes, five dollars and 24 cents!! No hidden fees!

#6 ·
When you're paying dollars to buy a one cent bid, it gets real expensive real quick.

#8 ·
Kinda. You pay for a block of bids ($29 for 30, $50 for 80, etc) The more bids you buy, the cheaper price you pay per bid. You then use the bids you bought to add $0.01 to any auction on the site. If your bid is the final one, then you pay whatever the bid price is for the gun (i.e. HK45ct for $157.03) Where they make their money is, those bids that added up to $157.03 was actually 15,703 bids (and at $0.50 - $1 a bid they just made a killing). So the winner of the auction just got the gun for $157.03 + the cost of however many bids they used. Hope this makes things a little more clear.

#9 ·
I got a headache trying to understand all of this. I think I'll continue to do it the old fashion way and shop for the best price and throw down my money!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.