HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Made the worst mistake of my life by selling the only HK I ever owned one year ago due to financial hardship. Anyway, I'm in the market again, and curious the difference in value and features of the standard HK45CT and the HK45CT USP. What would you purchase and why?

·
Registered
4,191 Posts
Your nomenclature is off. Which models are you asking about?
I'm guessing HK45 Compact Tactical vs USP45 Compact Tactical.
And as with most of these like questions - IMHO it comes down to personal preference.

The newer HK45C has improved ergonomics (ambi slide release and replaceable back straps).
Various specifications for both weapons can be reviewed at;
http://www.hk-usa.com/civilian_products/pistols.asp

As always, it's recommended to rent/borrow weapons of interest and see which you favor.

Be advised;
For me, just holding a gun at the LGS doesn't translate into which I'll shoot the best.

·
Premium Member
2,883 Posts
USP CT all the way. The standard HK45c would be my choice if concealed carry was a priority, but if we're talking a tactical setup w/ threaded barrel, extended mags, suppressor, etc. then I'd take the better grip, non-ambi slide release lever, and overall sexier look of the USP CT.

·
Registered
493 Posts
I already have the HK45CT but I am really wanting a USP45 CT. I don't know that either is BETTER than the other for everyone, it's all what you prefer.

They share mags, so neither has a capacity advantage. 8 round flush and 10 round elephant foot.
Barrels are almost the same length with the HK45CT being .11" longer
Some people prefer the rough textured grip of the USP over the more ergonomic grip of the HK45CT.
Some like the HK45CT's more tapered slide over the USP45 CT's more blocky slide.

Both guns are beautiful to me though and I plan on having both someday.

I think you should really be asking, "What one should I get first?"

·
Premium Member
508 Posts
I'd suggest that the HK45c platform makes a better concealed carry gun than the USPc one, but both are great guns.

For me personally, I'd get a HK45c or ct & get the other barrel, so that I had a standard shorter barrel for CC and then the longer threaded barrel for range / suppressor use.

·
Registered
731 Posts
I like the grip of the USP better than the 45c, but that is my personal preference.
Definitely try to handle both to make the best decision.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts