HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking about buying a HK53 that was built on a HK93. Here are my questions - is there a way to tell if the conversion was done using a factory HK53 front end, versus a conversion where the HK93 cocking tube has been cut-up and welded? Also, are there other "HK53 specific" parts that I should look for on this conversion? I am ultimately looking for the closest thing to a factory HK53 that I can legally own (this is a sear gun). Thanks in advance for sharing your knowledge.

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
I am thinking about buying a HK53 that was built on a HK93. Here are my questions - is there a way to tell if the conversion was done using a factory HK53 front end, versus a conversion where the HK93 cocking tube has been cut-up and welded? Also, are there other "HK53 specific" parts that I should look for on this conversion? I am ultimately looking for the closest thing to a factory HK53 that I can legally own (this is a sear gun). Thanks in advance for sharing your knowledge.
The front end (cocking tube) is one sign of a 93 tube cut up and rewelded. The 53 tube is different. Unless the 93 receiver is cut and an "L" section removed, you'll be able to tell a 93 conversion. I believe HK Pro himself has a 93 to 53 conversion done by Brain Z back when Brian was working at Machine Gun Kellys.

I really enjoyed that post with details of the conversion. I cannot seem to find that thread. I know it was a long time ago and I'm not sure if that info. was kept when they switched over from the old website.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Ask and ye shall receive:

93 to 53

Also the easiest way to tell if the weapon was converted using 93 parts is to pull the flash hider off to see if the barrel has the notches for the flash hider locking clip cut into it. If you see only threads they at least cut down the barrel.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Ask and ye shall receive:

93 to 53

Also the easiest way to tell if the weapon was converted using 93 parts is to pull the flash hider off to see if the barrel has the notches for the flash hider locking clip cut into it. If you see only threads they at least cut down the barrel.
For your info, IGF has a threaded barrel piece that they attach to the cut down barrel that gives you a factory notch for the flash clip to engage into. You would be hard pressed to tell the difference between factory and converted.

As far as HK53 builds, I have always felt the investment in a HK53 parts kit is well worth it. That way you will get a 99.99% HK53 build out of you HK93.
You should be able to find one for $1200-$1500.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts