HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need some imput what a TSC machine factory correct HK53 SBR would be worth built on a like new HK93 reciever , remarked , mint condition Factory HK 53 barrel & new complete HK53 full auto bolt system & a new HK53 A3 stock. Since factory HK53 parts like the barrel & front end are hard to come by now I am guessing the gun should be worth around $5800.00 Does this sound about right?

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
Sounds believeable considering the quality of the parts and the work.

·
Registered
200 Posts
It may about right for the gun, but, I doubt anyone will pay that for one.
The Vector V53 guns are well made an popular for shooters with a F/A sear installed.
Start out at that price and work your way down if it doesn't sell right away.

I have an Urbach H&K 53 that is correct and I paid $5800 for it with the H&K Fleming sear installed in it! Then again, that was 12-14 years ago!

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Looking to sell already?
I found a Maremont M-60 for about $10,000.00 under the going rate so if I buy it I might need to reduce some of my collection but it is still alot of money & I am still thinking about it.

·
Registered
200 Posts
I found a Maremont M-60 for about $10,000.00 under the going rate so if I buy it I might need to reduce some of my collection but it is still alot of money & I am still thinking about it.
Do you really want to buy an MG that costs .50 a round to shoot F/A?
I have an M60E3 and it sits in the safe! I'd seriously consider that choice!
Don't get me wrong, I love my belt guns, but they don't see much range time anymore. At least for now, with the price of ammo.
JMHO...

·
Registered
691 Posts
Do you really want to buy an MG that costs .50 a round to shoot F/A?
I have an M60E3 and it sits in the safe! I'd seriously consider that choice!
Don't get me wrong, I love my belt guns, but they don't see much range time anymore. At least for now, with the price of ammo.
JMHO...
Then again, even if you're not shooting it, the 60 will continue to rapidly increase in value. The 53 not so much. I get alot of satisfaction in ownership; taking an item out of the safe, stripping it, handling it, etc... I'd be happy to own a 60, even if I was shooting it occasionally and fondling it frequently.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Then again, even if you're not shooting it, the 60 will continue to rapidly increase in value. The 53 not so much. I get alot of satisfaction in ownership; taking an item out of the safe, stripping it, handling it, etc... I'd be happy to own a 60, even if I was shooting it occasionally and fondling it frequently.
I fully agree with you there. NFA is a much better investment than title 1 guns.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts