HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To my understanding there are two types of German HK91 claw mounts . One is a unit with rings as a part of the mount, the other one has nothing on the top and gives options to mount a rail. I am sure that many members used both. Is there a benefit of one over the other when used with PSG1 stock. Thank You.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
You joined in the last 23 days and your post count is 54, and asking a question like this.......you sure look like you're piling your post count so you can list stuff for sale.....

·
Premium Member
2,666 Posts
To my understanding there are two types of German HK91 claw mounts . One is a unit with rings as a part of the mount, the other one has nothing on the top and gives options to mount a rail. I am sure that many members used both. Is there a benefit of one over the other when used with PSG1 stock. Thank You.
No.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
You joined in the last 23 days and your post count is 54, and asking a question like this.......you sure look like you're piling your post count so you can list stuff for sale.....
Nope. I am getting interested in HK firearms and thought this was a good place to talk about them. Plus I don't have anything for sale now.

·
Registered
382 Posts
The one that the rail mounts to was originally a STANAG mount for the hensoldt scopes (and a few other things). The advantage of the "SG1" mount, with integral rings is that it allows the scope to sit further forward, and also it's more rigid by design since the other mount will require a rail that screws on, and rings that mount to the rail, or Stanag rings that will screw on (so a matter of tolerance stacking multiple weak points vs. the integral).

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The one that the rail mounts to was originally a STANAG mount for the hensoldt scopes (and a few other things). The advantage of the "SG1" mount, with integral rings is that it allows the scope to sit further forward, and also it's more rigid by design since the other mount will require a rail that screws on, and rings that mount to the rail, or Stanag rings that will screw on (so a matter of tolerance stacking multiple weak points vs. the integral).
Thank YOU. So I will start looking for SG1 mount with 1 inch inserts . What should I expect to pay for one in really nice shape? What markings should be on a factory HK SG1 mount?

·
Registered
382 Posts
There is one on ebay for $300, with a $450 but it now, ,but it has no 1" inserts.

My opinion is don't worry about the inserts. 30mm is the way to go anyway. There are too many options in 30mm scopes to both with a 1" these days, so I wouldn't let the lack of inserts deter me.

$300 isn't bad. I've paid near that for the last two I've had.

HK German Factory SG1 Scope Mount With Built In Integrated 30mm Scope Rings | eBay

1 - 8 of 8 Posts