HKPRO Forums banner

HK91/clones compensators/Muzzle brakes

9676 Views 10 Replies 10 Participants Last post by  diesel1959
Does anyone know of any good compensators/muzzle brakes to replace the flash hider with?

I found this one....

http://www.primaryweapons.com/store/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=14

It looks neat,but a little pricey.....anyone ever use one?

I have been working on building a mutt....so I am not worried about sticking to HK factory stuff.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
603 Posts
Looks like a nice muzzle break. A couple of years ago, I had Terry Dyer make me 20 of the old Vollmer muzzle breaks in both 223 and 308 caliber. They work awesome and reduce the felt recoil significantly. With a .223, you don't even feel any recoil.

And yes, all 20 are installed on my various rifles.

· Registered
723 Posts
Don't forget the tank brake from www.jprifles.com I have one of their cooley compensators on my PTR91, and it took a lot of the recoil out of the system. In retrospect, I think I would have purchased the tank brake, and may do so here in the future.

· Premium Member
1,382 Posts
Looks like a nice muzzle break. A couple of years ago, I had Terry Dyer make me 20 of the old Vollmer muzzle breaks in both 223 and 308 caliber. They work awesome and reduce the felt recoil significantly. With a .223, you don't even feel any recoil.

And yes, all 20 are installed on my various rifles.
any chance of a pic?

· Premium Member
4,250 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.