HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an opportunity to purchase the following but would like to know the fair price range as equipped:

"Original German HK-91 .308 rifle with some extras,goes with Both A2 and A3 stock. Wide and slim forearm included. Green sling,bi-pod for HK-91 wide handguard,HK bayonet for HK-91 (almost new condition),HK tactical sling,1 HK magazines,one twenty round aluminum magazine,HK muzzle cap* The rifle is pretty good shape,nice rifle with carry handle and port buffer".

It looks nice in the photos I've seen with minimal wear but I've not handled it yet. What do you think? Thanks!

·
Registered
56 Posts
I was looking at the same gun and emailed the seller.

After emailing back and forth with the guy it sounds like a scam with all the spelling and gramatical errors in the reply emails.

The guy also appears to not realize I am in Texas (even though he advertised on a local texas gun trader board) and is telling me it's "not local in Missouri anymore" since I can now meet him locally. It now appears I need to send funds out of state and find an FFL to work with to get it shipped.

"Sorry am not available in town any more , i already have what i came to get,My flight live in AM from Missouri
If you are still interested please let me know we can work out a deal, if you have a FFL dealer you work with

Am willing to ship on my account."

Yeah, what are the odds this guy drug a HK91 (with multiple stocks and forearms) from Missouri to Texas and back to Missouri on a plane so he could potentially sell it while he was "in town" in Temple Texas where he originally said it was located.

Just wanted to let you know my experience so you don't get ripped off as the price in the case was a "too good to be true" deal.

I guess it's possible it is a legit deal... but buyer beware in this case.

·
Premium Member
2,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was looking at the same gun and emailed the seller.

After emailing back and forth with the guy it sounds like a scam with all the spelling and gramatical errors in the reply emails.

The guy also appears to not realize I am in Texas (even though he advertised on a local texas gun trader board) and is telling me it's "not local in Missouri anymore" since I can now meet him locally. It now appears I need to send funds out of state and find an FFL to work with to get it shipped.

"Sorry am not available in town any more , i already have what i came to get,My flight live in AM from Missouri
If you are still interested please let me know we can work out a deal, if you have a FFL dealer you work with

Am willing to ship on my account."

Yeah, what are the odds this guy drug a HK91 (with multiple stocks and forearms) from Missouri to Texas and back to Missouri on a plane so he could potentially sell it while he was "in town" in Temple Texas where he originally said it was located.

Just wanted to let you know my experience so you don't get ripped off as the price in the case was a "too good to be true" deal.

I guess it's possible it is a legit deal... but buyer beware in this case.
I was suspicious as well. FTF was the only way I would have closed "the deal". Thanks for sharing your info!

·
Registered
337 Posts
I also emailed him yesterday to ask him some more detailed questions about the gun and if he'd be willing to meet for a FTF deal.
His reply: "I am out of town."
This is a scam, imo, don't waste you time with this guy.

·
Registered
2,845 Posts
What would a fair price be for a HK91 in great shooter condition (i.e. possible light scope mounting marks no major nicks etc.) but not NIB?

Ran across an SR9 at a small show today, with scope mounting marks on and above the bumps, with possible touch up paint, mag and bipod for $1900 asking (assume would go down as got four HK steel 25 rnd 223 mags for $37.50 ea that were $45).

·
Premium Member
1,045 Posts
Look on sturmgewehr.com there is an HK91 ad on there that was identified as a scam and highlighted.

·
Registered
2,845 Posts
Was just wondering what the current prices were now days for HK91s that were not a scam, figured was worth several hundred more if one actually got the rifle ;-).

I am looking at a 308 kit for the MM23eK and wondering if then "need" one of the existing minty HK91s that has never seen a sear but was being considered as a future sear host.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts