HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do you remove the flash hider on a HK91? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
303 Posts
On my 93 I just took a cresent wrench and a little elbow grease and it came right off.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Your flash hider had flats for a wrench?!
No it does not but you can kind of use the slots in the flash hider as flats. It worked a lot better than you would think.

·
Registered
217 Posts
I wonder if you use the slots you would risk damaging the flash hider? Also do you turn clockwise or counterclockwise (from perspective of looking at muzzle headon)

·
Registered
45 Posts
Right hand threads so counter clockwise to remove,My hk91 flash hider isn't that tight, i would use something a little less marring to remove it though. maybe a piece of brass stock in the notches at the end or the ports.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Right hand threads so counter clockwise to remove,My hk91 flash hider isn't that tight, i would use something a little less marring to remove it though. maybe a piece of brass stock in the notches at the end or the ports.
As loose as it is that would work too. The only thing keeping it tight on there is the spring clip thing. BTW I did not "mar" the finish taking it off the way that I did. Not that I care I actually use mine.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Geez, they're $10 each. Just stick a screwdriver into the slots and turn.
LOL... works every time...lol
got to love that..right to the point stuff..i do

·
Registered
451 Posts
Other than the HK41 and HK43 which had permanently attached flash hiders, don't they just twist right off without tools?

JPG

·
Registered
266 Posts
yes.. hand tight.. but after years of sitting and who know what type of oil some of them are just STUCK!!

this is not rocket tech 101..ya know

1 - 13 of 13 Posts