HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Exhibit A - My new Rifle with scope attached.

Exhibit B - Mount is properly attached as far as I can tell.

Exhibit C - This is the setting the scope came out of the box with.

Exhibit D - Lowest setting it will go.

OK I got the scope the other day. It is money well spent. The reticle light is pretty cool. Anyway, I got the right to left done easily. I started at 25yards sighting it, but I could never get it any closer than 9 inches from bullseye before the scope bottomed out at right below the "1" setting as seem in Exhibit D. Any advice? At 50 yards I didn't do any better and at a 100 yards I couldn't hit the target at all. I do not know much about .308 ballistics. Can anyone give me some advice on this scope?

·
Registered
131 Posts
Go back to your range and remove the 2 screws from your elevation and pull off the turrent. Sight in using a coin for adjustment (general 100yrds or meters) replace turrent and line it up to the "1" replace screws. Windage same deal, you now can turn to the correct distance for which your shooting and make correct windage adjustments.

·
2,831 Posts
set it on 1(100m), loosen the 2 screws on top of the turrets(same for windage, but set to middle, think thats 10), use a coin to adjust your zero, when happy tighten the screws.

the 1-6 on the elevation is the BDC for 100,200,300 etc meters, it is not used to zero the scope.

or do what Blast said :D

·
Registered
221 Posts
Schußrichtung--->

Your mount is on backwards.
Schußrichtung = direction of fire. Arrow should point towards muzzle.

·
Registered
198 Posts
What's a fero?

MJ

·
Registered
221 Posts
What's a fero?

MJ
In this context it is the Hensoldt FERO-Z 4x riflescope. This is the third version/model of the this scope made by Hensoldt. The two previous models do not have the FERO designation afaik.
I believe that FERO is a BW acronym for fernrohr as this designation is/was used on other optical equipment not made by Hensoldt.

Other examples of using the FERO designation are The Hensoldt FERO D 16 and Steiner FERO D 12 binoculars, or the FERO 51 night vision scope.

I have a theory that the Z at the end of the "FERO-Z" designation is likely to mean it is a riflescope, i.e. zielfernrohr in german.
Likewise that the "FERO D" designation mean doppelfernrohr, i.e. binocular in german.
I'm pretty sure some of our German members will correct me if I'm way off.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Got mine in 1986 when they were scarce and far between.

Cheers
MJ
Merrey Christmas.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
New Issue. As you can see from the picture I have reversed the scope mount and scope. On the back end of the scope mount there is a little triangular shaped piece of black plastic that sort of gets in the way of the upper receiver when it is mounted in this direction. I was wondering if this was there for a purpose or to increase the snug fit? It can be clearly seen in the picture below being forced upwards dus the the upper.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
39 Posts
re new issue

I would imagine the piece is there for a proper fit and return to zero. You may have struggled to much to install as yours looks deflected upwards instead of sitting flat against the mount surface on left in photo. Try finess to re attach. Mine fits with the pad attached.

preten2b
:4:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts