HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, I know strange question.....I have an HK91 that is IB but all the parts are IA....She is in real good to amazing condition. All parts, bolt, cocking lever and so on are marked IA. I have been able to pick up newer HK made bolt and some spare parts and I was wondering what everyone's thoughts are about using the newer parts and keeping the original parts as they are hard to find? Sounds silly but wanted to see. Thanks

Airbornewing..:)

Also, what parts wear out that I should keep handy...:)

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
It is common for parts to be from prior year of production. As for swapping out parts it will help preserve keep the ones that came with it nice for resale but sharp eyes will still notice mag well wear and evidence of use details. If you have the spares why not?

·
Registered
931 Posts
Real HK rifle parts last a very long time.

I seriously doubt you'll need any for the first 30,000 rounds, at least that is my gun's typical lifespan.

I humped a spares kit every time I went out shooting w/springs, hammer, firing pin, guide ring, eTc. Never needed anything out of it.

The only thing that ever broke was the plastic on the charging handle split and flew off in very cold weather.

Even barrel erosion is far less with OEM ones.

d

·
Banned
34,552 Posts
Welcome to the site--- it is not unusual for a very early IB to have some/all IA parts--- utilize the original parts!!! :biggrin:

Tony

1 - 5 of 5 Posts