HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at obtaining some spare parts for for my HK91 safe queen which I will be picking up tomorrow.

Should I obtain spare parts? What parts wear out the fastest? Is making a spares kit worth it?

How long do the rollers last?

thanks

Doug

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Get some spare extractors, extractor springs, ejector levers, ejector lever springs, locking piece, firing pins and springs, a set of plus size rollers. That should be it. Pretty inexpensive at RTG parts. Is it worth it....? It all depends on if you are going to shoot it or if it will remain a safe queen :)

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was looking at the RTG spares kit with extra rollers. I am trying to figure out how many roller sets I will need.

·
Registered
2,845 Posts
df662 Good list, to which I would add extractor springs, the plate to retain the rollers, a couple of roller retain plate pins, a set of small and large push pins in case of loss and did I say extra extractor springs ;-)

If shooting a sear pack would have an extra ejector for the sear pack plus couple extra ejector springs and a spare ejector axial as these last two can get lost. Past that point one could have a main recoil sprint with the washers rivets (or make these), a firing pin and spring and the charging handle with pin. That is the common items that have seen changed out at KCR or during a shoot, typically because the failing part was a surplus part and/or had seen a few tens of thousands of full auto fire. In the old days, before all the builds, would have said add a G3 parts kit for the rest after this point.

The parts kit is a tool box for each family (i.e. MP5/MP5K, HK93/33K/53, HK91 and MM23e) plus a small parts box.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
And if you can afford it a spare BCG is not a bad idea either. I have a spare for each rifle. Or at least a spare bolt head.

·
Registered
3,587 Posts
Definitely stock up, I am and there are still German parts out there, too

·
Banned
353 Posts
I have been shooting my HK's for years, since 1990...

Never needed anything!
If something breaks, I'll send it to HK for warrentee work for free! If you think your going to need parts, buy an AR15! Those need parts all the time!

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have been shooting my HK's for years, since 1990...

Never needed anything!
If something breaks, I'll send it to HK for warrentee work for free! If you think your going to need parts, buy an AR15! Those need parts all the time!
That has to be the line of the day......

·
Registered
74 Posts
I would get locking pieces and + size rollers the roller "holder" and the new style roll pin that you use when installing the rollers at bare minimum. I also got a spare trigger pack for $50 in case any of those parts break.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts