HKPRO Forums banner

hk91 to hk21??

11K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  BIGDUKE60 
#1 ·
i would love to make my 91 in to a belt feed semi hk21 anyone know how to do this or got any leads?? thanks for the help

#3 ·
Buy one already done.Dont waste the time or money to do it in my opinion.Sell the 91 and then come up with about another 6-7K and buy one.Much faster and you know what you are getting and how much on the front end.Also easier to negotiate a deal on an existing gun than negotiate the bill on a custom build.Besides, parts arent out there like they used to be.

#6 · (Edited)
First get a true Hk21 Kit ( I have one) $5500.00
all true Hk21 Parts (FMP)

so none of the gun will be made from muffler Pipe. like what is going on now!

so when you see the list that looks like this
made from DOM tube (thats muffler pipe)

#7 · (Edited)
+1 Big Duke. What you need is the 21 kit and a good 91 receiver unless you are building a beltfed 91. The only part of a 91 you need is sheetmetal of the receiver with the serial number on it for registration. If you have a factory HK91, you would be better off selling that gun and buying a HK21 already built or a good parts kit and receiver and wait for a couple of years to have yours built. I bought an actual new FMP parts kit in 2000 and new FMP receiver in white to build mine. There aren't many 21 parts kits left out there. If you have a bunch of cash you could buy a HK21E parts. They are $10K to $12K for a new sample that has been cut. I have found that many times when we try to make something different out of what we already have (be it a gun, a car, a girlfriend ...) we end up spending more money than we would have if we just sold what we had and bought what we wanted. Just my experience. If you have a registered receiver G3 (NFA), that's a whole 'nother deal.

#9 ·
If you cut up a real 91, you're going to have to move the serial number like Vollmer did in the early 90's. Not exactly a job any 'Joe' can do.

Get a 21 kit and a JLD receiver then find someone who will do it.

Or you can do what I did- just call Mike at TSC Machine and get him to make you one....

It's not just a quick 'conversion' job to make a 91 take belts- it's a major undertaking and mucho expensive.

#11 ·
we have 4 guys who can do a good 21's
all have shop's. and hove done 15 to 20 of the guns in the past!
shop and ask things... get one that looks and runs right..
ya dont want a HACK job ya have to fool with cutting up belts to work and stuff like that!

some guys want $12.000 for a gun

some guys want $7500.00 for a gun

some guys want $9000.00 for the same damn gun..all with the same parts..
all look and run the same!

what you are paying for is the name! of the maker..in a nut shell.

so do some shopping..kick some tires...try some guns if you can!
and always ask the guys who have the guns.. for the best info!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.