HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
H&K Certified Armorer
8,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to possibly build an HK91. I haven't decided yet if I'm going to purchase a U.S. made flat/receiver or try to locate a genuine HK91 receiver.

I have heard that date code matching on all the parts greatly increases the value of the rifle... true?

How does a genuine HK receiver assembled using parts with varying date codes differ in value to a U.S. made receiver assembled with varying date codes?

And please forgive my ignorance with this question... if I were able to locate a pre-ban HK receiver would I still need to comply with 922(r)?

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
1,045 Posts
Where are you going to find a genuine preban HK91 receiver? Ive never seen one for sale. I think you would be better off/cheaper finding a complete preban HK91. Ive seen them as low as 1500 dollars.

·
Registered
301 Posts
If you want a 91, your money will be best spent on 1.

If you want a safe queen, buy a NIB gun if you can find 1.

Some people want date matched and are willing to pay for it, for a shooter, doesn't matter.

I'm looking to possibly build an HK91. I haven't decided yet if I'm going to purchase a U.S. made flat/receiver or try to locate a genuine HK91 receiver.

I have heard that date code matching on all the parts greatly increases the value of the rifle... true?

How does a genuine HK receiver assembled using parts with varying date codes differ in value to a U.S. made receiver assembled with varying date codes?

And please forgive my ignorance with this question... if I were able to locate a pre-ban HK receiver would I still need to comply with 922(r)?

Thanks!

·
H&K Certified Armorer
8,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cool, thanks guys. I was thinking I'd be better off just finding one to buy but just wanted to verify.

Thanks again!

·
Premium Member
422 Posts
Where are you going to find a genuine preban HK91 receiver? Ive never seen one for sale. I think you would be better off/cheaper finding a complete preban HK91. Ive seen them as low as 1500 dollars.
IIRC Long Mountain Outfitters had several Hk91 barreled receivers a few years ago. I don't remember the year (may have been during the Klinton AWB) but I think they were 1800.00. I am sure someone here probably saw the advertisement too.

Also they pop up on Sturmgewehr.com from time to time. I have seen both a barreled action for Hk91 & a 93 for sale in the last two years.

I have never seen a completely stripped factory Hk receiver for sale though.

FWIW

·
Registered
11 Posts
Building a 91 clone will really cost anywhere from 1/2 to 3/4 of the cost of a real HK91. Anything you build will need to comply with 922. I suppose if you were really cheap, you might be able to build one for less than $1000 but it would be tough.

My advice is just save a little more and get the real deal. If you do decide to build a clone, I would send it to Arizona Response Systems. Mark will make it look and function as well or better than the real deal but his quality isn't cheap. I am sure there are some other excellent builders also but quality costs money.

Again, just buy the original and you will be a lot better off.

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
You can buy a PTR for less than a grand. Receiver made on real HK dies, however they come with heavy bbls. The purist might object to the look, but they are every bit as good as the real HK 91. I have one & I'm completely happy as a shooter. The collector might disagree, but the shooter won't. GARY N4KVE

·
H&K Certified Armorer
8,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I've looked at them all. I will indeed to shoot it but my range trips are infrequent and the volume of rounds I put through are minimal... so I'm really leaning on finding a genuine HK. If and when I decide to sell my left nut, I'll look into a sear pack at which time I probably want to pick-up a few clone hosts to play with. But as for a semi-auto peice, I'd have to say I'm more on the "collectors" side of the room.

·
Registered
14 Posts
be prepaired to give up both nuts nowadays for a sear pack,the american nut is devalued in the world market curently.

·
H&K Certified Armorer
8,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
be prepaired to give up both nuts nowadays for a sear pack,the american nut is devalued in the world market curently.
BOTH nuts? I still want to have more kids! HK... kids... HK... kids... HK.... :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts