HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a Hk 91 at a pawn shop for 694 otd. They didn’t know what they had. Should I keep or sell and profit.

·
Registered
12 Posts
You got a great deal. That appears to be a clean rifle. I vote that you keep it. You will never find that deal again!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I know. I thought it was a century arms from the counter. I was shaking doing the paperwork. I believe I will keep it. From what I can tell it’s original other than the hand guard. The bolt, barrel and receiver all marked IB which is a 1981 rifle. I got lucky. Never know what you will find.

·
Premium Member
1,372 Posts
I know. I thought it was a century arms from the counter. I was shaking doing the paperwork. I believe I will keep it. From what I can tell it’s original other than the hand guard. The bolt, barrel and receiver all marked IB which is a 1981 rifle. I got lucky. Never know what you will find.
Personally, I'd probably sell it. But I already have an IB dated rifle :)

HK91's are great and all, but at that price that you got into it, you could sell it and pick up some other fine rifle essentially for free.

On the other hand, if you're looking to start an HK collection, you've set yourself up with a good base. Congrats.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Wow. You do not hear about these kind of finds very often. Luck for you whoever ran that shop doesn't know a thing about guns or how to use google.

And I would keep it for a while. You have so little into it why not enjoy it, it's not like you are going to take a hit keeping it. Also, if you're going to flip it, wait until the market bounces back....the next election cycle when everyone is nervously panic buying.

·
Registered
363 Posts
I hate you, that is all!

Just kidding...., awesome find, every once in a while you win one!

Sell or keep, you win!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the comments. I think I’ll keep it and learn more about it. No harm though I’d probably hate the guy too if I missed out on that deal.😁

·
Registered
698 Posts
I'd keep it, send it off to someone like tsc and have them install the paddle mag release and remark it to g3. That or have it converted to a g3k. Either way you'd end up with the gun looking beautiful and new for less than you should have paid for it as is right now.

·
Registered
910 Posts
Keep it, shoot it. Bet your life on it without reservation.

Real 91's didn't require 'customer service' in the day.

DG

·
Premium Member
1,372 Posts
I'd keep it, send it off to someone like tsc and have them install the paddle mag release and remark it to g3. That or have it converted to a g3k. Either way you'd end up with the gun looking beautiful and new for less than you should have paid for it as is right now.
This is an excellent point. At just south of $700, the OP has a lot of room to invest more money into it and get it really set up as a work of art.

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
you can barely buy an HK pistol for that money, absolutely KEEP!!!

·
Sheepdog in West Texas
1,754 Posts
Or you could keep it, then 'dress it up as a 'clone' of either the MSG90 or a PSG1 - with some work and a some money, you could end up with something like this

HK91 case 2.JPG

1 - 20 of 22 Posts