HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 93 date coded II 42-1378XX with a 178 1:7 twist barrel. The barrel is in fantastic shape all around especially the inside. This 93 is getting made into a 53 soon, so if I decided to sell the pulled barrel, what is a fair price for it? I could put it in my other 93 which has the 1:12 barrel, but I have a new 33K 178 barrel from Adam Webber I was thinking of using for that one. Or heck, maybe get another 93 one day down the road and use the barrel for that.

Any input?
Thanks

·
Premium Member
8,625 Posts
I've seen 178 barrels sell for $225-$250 a while back, and up to as high as $400, but not sure if they sold at that price.

·
Registered
532 Posts
My input is to use the 178 in your other '93 and sell me your 1/12 barrel for a spare!

Kinda selfish, but those 178 barrels are great if you're shooting the newer M855/6 spec 62 grain ammo which tends to be more accurate. I have no complaints with my 1/12 shooting 55gr, so that's why I make that recommendation. Good luck in whatever you choose.

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replys and good info fellas.

For now I guess I'll just hang on to it as a spare since it's in excellent shape. Just to clarify, 55gr will shoot just as well in the 178 as well as 62gr, correct?

·
H&K Certified Armorer
8,213 Posts
If you're not strapped for the cash, I would hang on to it as barrels can no longer be imported and it's value will only increase over time.

·
Registered
8,304 Posts
My 53 was made using a 93 that had a 1X7 barrel, and I used a parts kit that also had an original 53 1X7 barrel. I kept the barrel for a future project.

·
Registered
71 Posts
By now you don't need my two cents, but I'm going to through it in anyway... keep the kid, it's great to have a spare in the condition you have described, on top of that if you need the cash in the future there are plenty of us out here that would pay for what the market can bare, or bear... depends on how you look at it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts