HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Understanding the difference between the friction lever and the roller lever, I need to install the friction lever into my Hk93 with my registared sear to rock. The question is are all the MP5 , G-3 etc. all the same dimensional size? I mean is/was there an HK33 friction release lever? What do I use.
Thanks

·
Registered
276 Posts
With a registered sear, use the roller sear trip lever. It will be much easier to trip the sear than with a friction sear trip lever. They are not caliber specific.

Both types will work. The roller sear trip lever will work much smoother because it has a much larger radius curve for the sear to ride on.

·
Registered
554 Posts
It was my belief that all registered sears are friction type and that the two types are not interchangeable.

·
Registered
276 Posts
It was my belief that all registered sears are friction type and that the two types are not interchangeable.
Yes, registered sears are friction type.

However, registered sears are not the same physical size as factory HK friction sears.

·
Premium Member
8,625 Posts
I've seen both roller style trip levers and friction trip levers used with registered sears, which of course are all friction type.

Either type can be used, it depends on exactly where the sear pivot hole was drilled. My burst pack has a roller type trip lever in it, a sear-less SEF pack I have has the friction type.

I think they are probably generally interchangeable, but the differences may be enough to affect Rate of Fire, not sure -I've never experimented to find out.

I think most likely whomever fits the sear to the pack will use whatever is in there. Since the trip lever on a burst pack is different, and always roller, converted burst packs will usually have the roller trip lever.

·
Registered
390 Posts
I have never seen or heard of a roller type trip lever used on a registered sear but if It can be done by just changing the lever that would be great but I do think the roller trip lever & roller sear are different than the friction sear & trip lever.

·
Registered
276 Posts
I have never seen or heard of a roller type trip lever used on a registered sear but if It can be done by just changing the lever that would be great but I do think the roller trip lever & roller sear are different than the friction sear & trip lever.
You ought to try it. Tripping the registered sear is MUCH easier with the roller trip lever.

·
Premium Member
8,625 Posts
Yes, they are different. But registered sears that are all friction type are different from factory friction sears.

I know it's allowable to repair a registered sear, I was thinking of cutting a roller off a factory sear and welding it onto a registered sear. Then I remembered I would be hacking up a $14,000 little piece of metal and decided I'll do that only if it ever breaks on its own.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts