HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys just was up at my friends (ron) farm the other day and got to shoot some lead in 90 deg weather for 4 hours =). It was a blast set up some steel targets and nothing is more fun then shooting a hk down range outside.

I had set up 3 5x7 inch target and was shooting at a distance of 167 yards for my 93 clone, 50 yards for my glock, springfield 45 1911, romanian tt-33, and 250 yards for my 98kar. Was using the moment to site in my hensoldt model 2 scope and check out the accuracy on a few of my rifles. Ammo used was wolf 62 grain FMJ .223, brown bear SP 62 grain .223, Wolf 62 grain HP .223. Also wanted to check out the trigger job from bill springfield and im very pleased with the result. I fired 1600 round of .223 and not a single problem from my ghillie rebuilt 93.

At 200 yard I was getting 3 inch groupings of iron sights with my 98k with surplus 150 grain steel core rounds. My 93 was getting 2.5 inch groupings at 167 yards which was very good considering the scope was not fine tuned yet. The videos I am posting are before the final tuning but I was able to get out to 250 yards and get 3 inch groupings after some more tweaking with the scope. Without the scope I was able to get 2inch groupings at 125 yards. Ron was able to get very tight groupings at almost any range it seemed =) with our without the scope but I would hope so considering he was in vietnam for some time. It seems for me wolf ammo works very very well and its dirt cheap.

These 2 videos are to show the plate that was shot then a close up of the plate. I missed about 5 out of a 25 rounder. If you listen towards the end of the gun blast you can hear the clinking sound. If the volume is to loud the gun fire drowns ou the clinking.

This is the video of Ron helping me get it sighted in at 200 yards.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Looks like a hot shooting good time! The rifle runs great. Try some varmint ammo or some good reloads and your group will shrink even more. If it groups that well with wolf the other stuff will be even better. Oh, loved the background music. Seemed very soothing..Take care and have fun.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Looks like a hot shooting good time! The rifle runs great. Try some varmint ammo or some good reloads and your group will shrink even more. If it groups that well with wolf the other stuff will be even better. Oh, loved the background music. Seemed very soothing..Take care and have fun.
Ya planning on doing some hand loads one of these days.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
In vid #3, tell me that is a chainsaw wailing in the backround if not, you might want to take care of that cow that caught a stray one. :)
Are you talking about the camo cow that was spying on us? Ya we took him out with a few lol. Ya that sound was taking away from my gun sound experience lol so had to do something. Gonna go out again this monday and set up some explosives so will post that once we drop some lead on the rest of the cow clan.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts