HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my metal grip housing and dropped my bill springfield century worked trigger group and put the rtg pof grip on it and when I try to push it in its off about a few hairs. I can force the pin in which keeps it in place without the crappy stock that came with it but when i try to put the stock on the big bulb part that eats the reciever is like 2 inches fatter then it should be and hits the plastic grip housing. I am assuming that the a2 stock which has alot slimmer profile in the begging will work? Please help this thing is driving me crazy.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Click on it to get a better view. After inspecting pictures of other stocks I think its cuase of the mp5 stock and am assuminng the a2 stocks will not cuase this problem as the steel is more thing at the plastic part and snugs into the lip that comes out.

·
Registered
346 Posts
I guess I never tried the plastic stock with the metal grip before. My guns are in the safe so I can't get to them until tomorrow to check it out. But from the picture, I'd say the stock with the steel backplate would slide under the pistol grip where the plastic one will not. You could always try shaving the back of the pistol grip to make room for that stock. You wouldn't have to buy a new stock that way and pistol grips are relatively cheap if you screw it up.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just removed plastic from the buttstock and got the pin in thehole. In order for the pin to go into the hole in smoothly I had to remove 3/16 of an inch from the trigger housing were the pin slides past. Im assuming the housing from numrich the 93 ones have not been issued and are slightly off. The reason I say this is becuase the complete trigger housing from hk parts fit perfectly on without any modding on my part as my brother got that in the mail the same day I got my numrich one.

·
Registered
16 Posts
All you need to do is saw off the lip on the pistol grip.

I used a balsa saw from a local hobby shop and it did a bang up job.

Be aware, the plastic grip is VERY hard. The balsa saw has a back on the fine teeth and makes it very easy to make a really nice clean cut.

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
The fit looks good. To me if the grip housing is the one that is out of spec, that would be the one I'd modify. Now if you use that modified stock on a different rifle, it won't fit as well as it could. On the other hand if you get a collapsible or side folding stock, then that won't fit right either. But hind sight is 20/20. It does look good the way it is.

Scott

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well the nice thing is this was a cheap stock. The collapsible stock will work on it as this picture clearly show the metal fitting under the pof plastic grip. Actually my stock will still work on other rifles all I did was remove metal inbetween the left and right of the stock. I did not hollow out the inside at all so its still the same inside width. This pic clearly shows the grip working with the metal backplates.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts