HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, new to the site, but did a search and came up short. Does anyone make an extended safety lever for the 93? I saw one on a 91 years ago at Knob Creek, but never got to ask where it came from. It had a drop or "dogleg" bend that made it easier to reach without shifting your grip. Also read that many shoot both 5.56 and .223 interchangeably in the 93, but has anyone done a chamber cast? I'm Curious as to throat and leade, as someone else had said that the 93 was just marked for .223, but chambered for 5.56. I've been learning a lot here, many well informed and helpful folks. Thanx in advance.

·
Registered
44 Posts
the early 93's are all 5.56, some of them even had to have extended flash hiders pinned to the barrel because they were too short and intended for the 33. Mine are HK and IB date coded and are 5.56. I don't know if later guns were .223. I would be surprised if they chambered any in 223 as that is a calibre contrary to their mission statement for producing military grade weapons primarily for that market.

Any extended safety for a 91 will work for the 93, as all parts of the trigger pack are the same, except one (I think it's the ejector, it's that rocking bar thing I swapped out 15 years ago for my psg1 pack)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanx trigger 643. Mine too is IB coded, though I admit I don't know what that indicates for model year. Any thoughts as to who would have the safety? Is it aftermarket or O.E.M.?

·
Registered
242 Posts
Hello all, new to the site, but did a search and came up short. Does anyone make an extended safety lever for the 93? I saw one on a 91 years ago at Knob Creek, but never got to ask where it came from. It had a drop or "dogleg" bend that made it easier to reach without shifting your grip. Also read that many shoot both 5.56 and .223 interchangeably in the 93, but has anyone done a chamber cast? I'm Curious as to throat and leade, as someone else had said that the 93 was just marked for .223, but chambered for 5.56. I've been learning a lot here, many well informed and helpful folks. Thanx in advance.
Adam Webber has some extended selector levers for sell. They are levers that have a "leg" welded onto them, not real pretty but functional. Look on this page, about half-way down: http://www.hkparts.net/preown.htm. It's listed as: "HK SEF Extended Selector Lever Will Fit Either the Polymer Grip Frames Or the Metal Grip Frames As Well $75". Hope this is what you were looking for. AKATTACK

1 - 4 of 4 Posts