HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
A great day for shooting...however, I didn't get started until after 5PM, so I ran out of daylight and am going to have to post this in two parts.

Also, for you HK-crazed individuals,this test is hardly scientific....I didn't use a rest, or sandbags...or anything else you might use in such a situation. I'm a mediocre rifle shot..but I thought it might be interesting to do a "head to head" test.

About the rifles---the SIG 556 has an EoTech 512 (no magnification), the FS2000 has an EoTech 551 (no magnification), and the HK93 has an ACOG 3.5x magnification.

I shot the rifles at varying distances---however, I ran out of daylight, so I'll have to continue this on another day. Here's the 25 and 50 yard results.
Seeing as this is the first time that I've shot the SIG, I want to tell all of you who don't have one....GO GET ONE RIGHT NOW! It's a moral imperative! As good as the SIG might be...my HK93 is still my favorite--and it always seems to come out on top, as it's badness is guaranteed! :D

A picture of "my boys"----

The ammo I used---

25 and 50 Yard Results---

Overall, I'm pretty impressed with the SIG's performance. I think the 2" targets are getting a bit small past 50 yards---I might have to up the size, otherwise, I'm going to have a hard time seeing the damn things with the EoTech. Also...due to the gripes I was getting at the range, I'm going to have to perhaps repeat part of this with an actual rest...because even bystanders were getting pissed. LOL

·
Registered
422 Posts
Thanks for the test. Interested in seeing all your results.

On a side note, I would think you would want to lessen the varibles as much as possible, Ie, same scope, same ammo, distance....etc. to get a fair comparison.

·
Registered
732 Posts

On a side note, I would think you would want to lessen the varibles as much as possible, Ie, same scope, same ammo, distance....etc. to get a fair comparison.

I suppose this would be a valid test, but some rifles shoot one brand of ammo better than another. If you were to shoot the ammo that each rifle likes the best, then it seems to me to be a better evaluation of the potential of each rifle.

Too, real accuracy starts at about 300 meters or so, and any deficiencies will show up there. At least this was my experience. If you can shoot the rifles at that distance either from a supported position or a rest, and tell us how they do, that would be grand!

Thanks for your effort in our behalf.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

I really started to think about that once I got out there and started shooting. A few bystanders were curious as to what I was up to..and once I told them...they were like, "Where are your sandbags?", "Why don't they all have the same sight?", etc. I never really thought of it as a scientific test, per se...since I'm pretty poor and only had one type of ammo...no sandbags...and I wasn't willing to go buy another EoTech for testing purposes (I'm gun poor right now)--so the HK93 had a little bit of an advantage going in, because it had a 3.5x power optic on it. I'm going to try to round up some 62-68 gn bullets and perhaps try this again with some sandbags.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Nice report, thanks for sharing. Looking forward to the next report.

·
Registered
422 Posts
I'm going to try to round up some 62-68 gn bullets and perhaps try this again with some sandbags.
I wonder if the HK93 could stabilize a heavy bullet like that? Depends which barrel you have.

Yea, if you where looking at a comparison for accuracy, sand bags woud be a must or maybe even a bipod. As far as red dots go, I think there purpose is mainly man-sized targets at 1-300 yards. Not 1 MOA by any means.

I bet most people on thew site are gun poor. You can thank H&K for producing great guns!

·
Registered
266 Posts
the sig 556 is not a bad buy (at less then $900)
and now with sights!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts