HKPRO Forums banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2,844 Posts
Mine is a sub moa gun. It really likes 52gr Match, but will keyhole 77gr. The psg1 trigger pack will not work with the subcaliber device. I think I have every accessory for it, except a Hensoldt calibrated in 5.56...
Sounds like you have a very good shooting HK93 (the PSG1 trigger pack helps ;-). I would appreciate getting info on which 52gr Match and/or loading data and bullet if is your own (either on line or off line).

·
Premium Member
1,315 Posts
not a 93 but a 43 with a 12.5" bbl + the pinned Urbash flash hider so it's non-nfa - shockingly it shoots nice & tight with M193 :) I'm very happy.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I've had the best luck with Federal GMM. I'm down to my last two boxes of Black Hills Reman Match, and that was supurb stuff as well. I'm told it is no longer available. I've owned 4 or 5 93's and half a dozen 91's over the years. This one was my first I bought new in 1982. I agree they can be hit-or-miss on accuracy. This one has been a real tack driver, some others have not. I tried throwing a bunch of money at several 91's over the years, and could never get them down to MOA. Someone told me unless I was willing to fire up the welder and reinforce the receiver with rails, a 91 isn't worth accurizing... and they are probably right.

also, be very careful if you decide to put the Psg1 grip on a 93 housing... the housing is a little bigger on a 93 than a 91 for some reason...

·
Registered
732 Posts
Trigger 643, that is a really nice looking rifle you have there. I WISH I could find a cheek riser like that somewhere. As it is, my friendly neighborhood gunsmith made one for me of wood, which I am in the process of having covered with black leather. I thought of painting it, but it won't match the stock anyways, so the leather seemed as good an alternative as any.

Is she a shooter?

·
Premium Member
2,624 Posts
Stubbi, that looks like a G3SG1 stock on his rifle. I didn't know the platic would fit the 93 metal though. I could be wrong.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Stubbicat...I have a plastic cheek raiser (Cherokee brand I think) that fits the plactic butt stock. Would that work or do you have a different butt stock. I saw some for sale somewhere and I could probably find the link if you need it.

·
Premium Member
1,315 Posts
Stubbi, that looks like a G3SG1 stock on his rifle. I didn't know the platic would fit the 93 metal though. I could be wrong.
becareful in getting a SG1 stock - once it is mated to the front end metal - that's where it stays! the vertical metal tubes inside the stock do not allow you access to the plastic support piece screw for the buffer.....

so what I am try to say is that you cannot get a G3 SG1 stock and try to switch the metal to a 93.

·
Premium Member
2,624 Posts
Ah, very good point. Thanks for bringing it up.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts