HKPRO Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Wondering if I could get a little help determining the value of my 94. It's date code is II, which was 1988 I believe so it must have been a DOJ gun. A2 stock and little wear shown (I assume it's because HK refurbished it but I'm not sure).

Will posting a few more pics when i get a chance...

·
Registered
8,343 Posts
It's a DOJ. Best thing to do is to search Gunbroker sales (not listings), and see what they've sold for. I did a search recently, and quite frankly, I was surprised there were decent guns selling for under $4k. I would think you could get about that posting it here (once you get your post count up).

·
Premium Member
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the feedback, I think that I will keep it and sell my Dragunov Tiger instead...in efforts of adding to my HK collection.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi mj06iu;

Have same with what it looks like is California Dept of Correction white number etched on receiver. I understand these were limited import (400) post ban for tower officers in California prisons. Inside is mint. 98% blue. Was offered over $4k in NY by collector (may not be brought into NY)

fragos

·
Premium Member
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the info, good feedback.

My other question is that since these are post ban, can they be converted to FA?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Registered HP94 pre ban ( 5/19/1986) Yes they were used for most MP5 conversions, since few MP5 were preban firearms. Just money MP5 was say $7000,while HP94 were $600 and conversion parts, even though in high demand, converted most MP5 /HP94 conversions. All must have been registered in NFRTR or must stay as Title 1 firearms. My HP94 was made in 1989, must stay as Title i, never II (NFA). Only 15000 HP94's pre 1988 were imported.

Any questions call BATF, they respond very fast or Adam Webber of HK Parts in Utah, he has 4 @ HK94 DCO project guns. You can apply for SBR by filing Form 1 AFT and pay $200 stamp fees, buy never SMG if came in post 1989!

·
Registered
8,343 Posts
Registered HP94 pre ban ( 5/19/1986) Yes they were used for most MP5 conversions, since few MP5 were preban firearms. Just money MP5 was say $7000,while HP94 were $600 and conversion parts, even though in high demand, converted most MP5 /HP94 conversions. All must have been registered in NFRTR or must stay as Title 1 firearms. My HP94 was made in 1989, must stay as Title i, never II (NFA). Only 15000 HP94's pre 1988 were imported.

Any questions call BATF, they respond very fast or Adam Webber of HK Parts in Utah, he has 4 @ HK94 DCO project guns. You can apply for SBR by filing Form 1 AFT and pay $200 stamp fees, buy never SMG if came in post 1989!
I presume you did a search and came up with this 5 year-old thread?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.