HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Special Weapons MP5 semi auto clone. It came with a S/F metal lower. I have since purchased a clipped and pinned four position picto lower housing and a semi auto trigger pack. the trigger pack fits inside the lower housing correctly and the ambi safety attached without a problem. The issue comes when I install it on the gun. First, the front is a little snug fitting over the shelf, but it goes on. Once the gun is re assembled, it is very stiff when you cock it. It feels like the bolt carrier is binding up on the hammer. Sometimes, it will not travel forward on its own. I have no idea if the gun fires in this condition as I felt it was best not to try.
Im guessing that the front of the trigger housing needs to be relieved a bit more so it sits lower on the gun, but I am looking for advise before I try this. Any information would be helpful.
Thanks!

·
Premium Member
1,737 Posts
I've got several clones who's shelves are quite a bit wider than my H&K's. This may be what you've got going on.

If you only have one gun this housing needs to fit, I'd work on modifying the less expensive part... i.e. the housing vs. the gun.

Also you may have a gun with a shelf that is at a differences height from the H&K's and you might have some fitting to do there as well.

Work slow, take your time.. its easier to take material off, but hard to put it back on.

·
Banned
599 Posts
I would look at the lower first where its clipped like jdonovan mentioned go slow its very eassy to take to much off, if your pack sits normal in the housing this should work.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the advise. Im assuming you are talking about where the housing would sit on the shelf. If I shave some of that off, the housing will sit a little lower. is this what I should be going for?
Thanks!

·
Premium Member
1,737 Posts
not being able to see how things are fitting, you might need to adjust more than one area of fit.

the shelf notch on the front of the housing
the width of the cut in the housing to accommodate the shelf.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
OK, so this is what I have done so far. The ears on the front of the housing were really tight so i ground those a tiny bit for a better fit. Put everything back together and still the same problem. I removed the ejector from the trigger pack and reinstalled everything and it seems to work great. I kinda like the ejection feature of this gun, so id like to put it back in (cue laugh tape). Any suggestions on how to check the ejector fit?
Thanks again!

·
Registered
286 Posts
you could put some dykum (i think i spelled that right) on the surface of the ejector where it contacts the carrier. work it a few times and see where the marks are. i would shave some off the housing before grinding on the ejector. and in a pinch you could use some paint.

also is it possible you have the wrong ejector? i had an issue with my 93 and the 53 ejector cleared it right up, even though they are both suppossed to work, it like one better than the other.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts