HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for advice on this HK94, dated IK (1989)
I have never seen the cocking tube discolored like this, the base of the barrel seems to have the same coloring as well. Could it possibly be replaced? According to World of HK, 1989 shows zero imported, but IK is 1989? Lastly, has anyone ever seen a rear sight like this? I will most likely end up replacing it. Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
4,379 Posts
That rear sight is the castellated diopter that is seen on the MP5k, the MP5k-PDW, the SP89, and the SP5K. I don't know that it was ever originally installed on an MP5 or HK94 so I'm going with "it was replaced".

·
Premium Member
1,047 Posts
Hmm, possibly a DOJ weapon from Cali? Some of those had diff rear sights and might explain the 1989 date.

·
HK Shooting Team
2,789 Posts
DOJ guns had the K style castle rear.....that cocking tube has been cut and re-welded....the discoloration is likely related to the weld heat

·
Banned
34,594 Posts
Definitely a refinished/reworked, CA DOC model (castle rear sight and electro-stenciled rack number --- 2024--- on the left receiver)--- the barrel appears original, as "IJ" = 89 on parts!!! :biggrin:
I can verify through my data--- PM to you. :wink:

Tony

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Yep, definitely a refinished DOJ gun with a rear dipoter added. You can see the rack number stamped on the left side of the receiver.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the help! Would it help or hurt value if I sent it to someone to get it professionally refinished and the 09 department marking buffed out? Has anyone here had any good experiences with a company that does good HK spec refinishing? Thanks

·
Registered
188 Posts
Thanks for the help! Would it help or hurt value if I sent it to someone to get it professionally refinished and the 09 department marking buffed out? Has anyone here had any good experiences with a company that does good HK spec refinishing? Thanks
I would usually say yes, it would hurt the value. But in the case of your gun, it would be wise to get it refinished.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
I would leave the DOJ marking though

·
Registered
964 Posts
Hmm, possibly a DOJ weapon from Cali? Some of those had diff rear sights and might explain the 1989 date.
That's what that is- mine is a DOJ rifle also. I have a matching set of 1989 manufactured SP89 and HK94, now MP5K and MP5.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts