HKPRO Forums banner

hk94

3K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  bladesmith2 
G
#1 ·
Hellow Im new to this forum. I was interested in the hk94. Can the barrel be shortened for law enforcement use? Has anyone ever tried one of these?

#3 ·
#1... Welcome to the forums!

#2... You can shorten the barrel of almost any rifle to a length of less than 16" (asumming your state laws allows you to own a "short barreled rifle") by filling out an ATF Form-1.

You stated for LE use... the same laws apply to LE officers unless it's use is specifically for your agency, at which point your agency will purchase and own the rifle and will have to fill out other forms (which I am not certain of which ones exactly).

#4 ·
DAMMIT Dave! Why is it that everytime I respond to a post, after I submit it... BAM! I find you beat me to it! :750:

G
#6 ·
thanks for the replies. Has anyone ever shot one of ties. Also where can you buy them. I live in California and the gun
laws suck. I'm not sure if I will even buy it, but I'm thinking about it.

#7 ·
I like mine alot, I am in the middle of having the SBr done right now. You can buy them all over on the net try gunbroker.com if all else fails. Kommiefornia though I don't know about them they have some real bad gun laws. I have no idea if you can get one or not unless you find a pre-ban.

#10 ·
For LE use have the department buy it or provide a letter to let you get a real MP5. Might as well have the full-auto option if you're only throwing 9mm around.

I love my HK94, and I enjoy the MP5s at the office, but since we only have the choice of MP5 or a 12 gauge, I'll take the 12 gauge with slugs when we go door kicking. YMMV.

#11 ·
If you are in Kalifornia, you can not buy an HK94 as it is specifically named in the original Roberti-Roos ban list, regardless if you remove features. If you are LE, I am not totally sure about the rules for getting one, but I know there are exemptions, but you need to get letters from you department, and there are restrictions on keeping at after you leave, especially if you SBR it. No SBRs in California for civis.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.