HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone else been frustrated with a 10 round mags that can hold 12 rounds and function perfectly?

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
No. I will stick with what the HK engineers have come up with and their extreme high standards of reliability and durability.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am no engineer, but when I mistakenly tried to insert a Sig P320sc 12 round mag into my HKP30sk, I noticed that, side by side, they were within millimeters of being the same size. Upon disassembly, the mag springs were almost identical except for the follower end and locking plate end. So I put the Sig spring and follower into my P30sk, squeezed in 12 rounds, chambered a round and topped off the mag, and fired 13 shots as fast as I could. Slide didn't lock open since the mag catches are completely different. I guess the Sig engineers know what they're doing too. So, after modifying the HK follower and locking plate, I now have a functioning 12+1 sub compact. Only about 11 or 12 13 round mag dumps thus far, but it runs like an HK, and the mag has locked back every time.

·
Registered
18,641 Posts
If anyone is frustrated with the 10-rd mag, they just buy the X-grip to use the 13-rd or even 15-rd mag in their P30SK.

You remind me of the guy who stuffed a nail in the frame of his HK45 to make it a SAO version. He sure got a lot of props and disappeared from this forum ever since.

·
Registered
348 Posts
If you want to hold more than 10+1 in a mag, don't carry the P30SK... plenty of other options in this world... why moan and cry because manufacturer A doesn't meet your standards when you can buy from B, C, D, and E...etc, etc, etc.

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
If anyone is frustrated with the 10-rd mag, they just buy the X-grip to use the 13-rd or even 15-rd mag in their P30SK.

You remind me of the guy who stuffed a nail in the frame of his HK45 to make it a SAO version. He sure got a lot of props and disappeared from this forum ever since.
1 + Problem solved and you get more grip to!!

·
Registered
5,434 Posts

^^^^This!

·
Registered
256 Posts
It seems that HK mags are lower capacity then possible, probably to ensure reliability. I was comparing a CZ P07 magazine to my P2000 magazine, and I swear they could of been the same magazine, minus the mag catch part. The CZ magazine is 15 rounds vs. 13.

·
Registered
629 Posts
Not for nothing but I'd much rather know that I have 11 rounds of flawless perfection if things ever go rapidly wrong rather than increase the f$#k me factor of a problem induced by re-engineering the primary ammo supply of an edc firearm. YMMV, but I think you are nuts.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
I think you guys are being a little overly harsh. There's a big difference between modifying the internals to make it function differently and shaving a little bit of plastic off to make more room in the magazine. Hell it was just last week I was reading a thread here full of people talking about how they clip or otherwise modify springs for a home trigger job.

·
Registered
42 Posts
The last two posts nail this. I think the only downside to this would be shortening the life of the mag springs, and I would be willing to trade a shorter spring life for 2 extra rounds.

·
Registered
422 Posts
This is how I carry my P30SK; the USPc 13+1 with an X Grip.

My life depends on it.

·
Registered
714 Posts
I would really like to see a side-by-side comparison of a P30Sk with 13rd Xgrip next to a standard P30. It's gotta be close...

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
I have USPc and P30 F/S adapters for my P30sk. Total height with a F/S P30 mag is larger than with the 13 rounder, although yes it is kindof close if you have the extended end plate on the 13 rounder. With a flat plate it's more of a difference.

·
Registered
43 Posts
While I don't think using Sig followers is a good solution (especially for a carry pistol). Modifying the factory follower would be certainly less sketchy.

I am always wary of grip adapters. I have had a few that made inserting a full magazine on a closed bolt more difficult. Additionally, I dislike anything that puts grip pressure on the magazine. This can be a source of malfunctions (though HKs tend to be far less susceptible to this than Glocks).

If I wanted extra rounds, I would choose +2 adapter kits over x-grips or homemade cobbled magazines.

Of course, I don't carry double stack subcompact pistols, so my opinion really doesn't matter.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts