HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 20 of 153 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I ordered the newly released paddle mag kit from HKpart as soon as I saw it was available. Wow... This thing is sweet! All original HK parts with the exception of the custom bushing/compression spring (which is super nicely made) That snaps in place to the existing holes. The bushing is machined to super tight tolerances. I actually had to remove a small burr on one of the holes on the receiver for it to snap in. Test fit first! It's not reversible if you snap it in wrong, LOL.

Pics of it installed: http://imgur.com/a/Xfsct
Like a dummy I didn't take any before shots of the parts...

Highly recommended and considerably less than $250 and sending your gun out.
https://www.hkparts.net/shop/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=18082&idcategory=150

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Mine should come in tomorrow. How were the directions it came with?
There are no instructions that come with it. It's pretty easy.
If you look at the exploded view on HKparts it will make sense.
You just need to remove the roll pin on the mag release button. Reassemble with the new/additional parts. Do the paddle mag portion last. Test fit first, the holes are two different sizes. The spring side of the paddle faces the mag side.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
161 Posts
Anyone have Pic's of the install ??

·
Registered
21 Posts
Thank you for the info. OP, just placed my order! I'm hoping a member does a video or tutorial with pics if they get some free time for us newbies, would help me and others out a lot I'm sure.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Oh hell yes!

ORDERED! =D I'll patiently wait for someone to release a video or picture guide before attempting to do this myself though

Was there anything else I needed to order with this kit?

Its really pretty easy. If you look at this exploded view its hard to screw up: https://www.hkparts.net/shop/pc/viewCategories.asp?idCategory=150
The bushing in the pic is just replaced by HKpart spring loaded one.
Honestly the hardest part is getting the Mag catch, spring & new contact piece in place...takes three hands :p

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
It's not that I don't take your word for it. I just have little confidence in myself, have slight ocd and the fact that you can screw up makes me even more worried. Looking at exploded view it does look pretty simple... But still... Id have better peace of mind if someone can release a tutorial, lol Thanks for sharing this, man! I was originally content with keeping the button release because I didn't want to go through the hassel of shipping, waiting and paying $250(plus shipping maybe). I jumped on this soon after you posted this.
I hear ya. I'm kinda the same way. Play with the parts when you get them. It's pretty hard to screw it up.
The roll pin comes out pretty easy. I actually used a finishing nail because I didn't have a small enough punch.
My money is on you won't be able to wait anyway ;-)

·
Registered
21 Posts
It's not that I don't take your word for it. I just have little confidence in myself, have slight ocd and the fact that you can screw up makes me even more worried. Looking at exploded view it does look pretty simple... But still... Id have better peace of mind if someone can release a tutorial, lol Thanks for sharing this, man! I was originally content with keeping the button release because I didn't want to go through the hassel of shipping, waiting and paying $250(plus shipping maybe). I jumped on this soon after you posted this.
If it's any comfort, I feel the exact same way as you about my ability to do this mod successfully. Going to read up and try though, really want to add this to my SP5K.

·
Premium Member
3,990 Posts
I am ordering one of these ASAP. just got my SP5K Friday.

·
Premium Member
3,990 Posts
slight thread hijack:

does anyone know if there is a full size version of this drop in kit in the works? I still haven't had a paddle installed on my 94 project? If HKParts offered a drop in, it would be easier than having a smith doe the conversion....

·
Registered
762 Posts
I'm now regretting buying and installing a tac-latch.

I ordered the newly released paddle mag kit from HKpart as soon as I saw it was available. Wow... This thing is sweet! All original HK parts with the exception of the custom bushing/compression spring (which is super nicely made) That snaps in place to the existing holes. The bushing is machined to super tight tolerances. I actually had to remove a small burr on one of the holes on the receiver for it to snap it. Test fit first! It's not reversible if you snap it in wrong, LOL.

Pics of it installed: HKparts SP5K Paddle mag - Album on Imgur
Like a dummy I didn't take any before shots of the parts...

Highly recommended and considerably less than $250 and sending your gun out.
https://www.hkparts.net/shop/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=18082&idcategory=150
I think what I'm most interested in is details on your SP5k conversion to accept a double push pin lower. I thought that was some kind of ATF no-no.

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
I

I think what I'm most interested in is details on your SP5k conversion to accept a double push pin lower. I thought that was some kind of ATF no-no.
What? Looks to me like a clip and pinned type lower trigger group....does not look like a true push pin in there lol

·
Registered
762 Posts
I

What? Looks to me like a clip and pinned type lower trigger group....does not look like a true push pin in there lol
Sure looks like a push pin to me. Unless it is just made to look like one.

QCSmyIu.jpg

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·

Clipped and pinned housing. Nice try ATF.

1 - 20 of 153 Posts