HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Excellent service and fast shipping as usual.

However:

1. not mad or anything, but the pistol-grip cap/thread protector holder for the HK-90 series of polymer lowers DOES NOT WORK NOR FIT on PTR-91/USA made polymer lowers. I would like for hkparts.net to make this known. Sure, I can get my $30 back, however....one has to go through the trouble of sending it back via mail, UPS, FEDEX, etc. Additionally, same issue for the grip cap with cleaning kit. (I have both; cleaning kit one on the German-made clipped and pinned polymer lower on my HK-91)

2. HK-universal light bipod fits PERFECTLY on HK-93, not so much on HK-91. Me thinks (and been told by others locally) there are actually 2 types of light bipods: one for HK-93, one for HK-91. ON the HK-91, when folded, the left leg tip hits the sling clip on the left side of the forearm.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Directly from their website...

"Please note: This grip cap will only fit Navy style HK housings that have the recessed edge in the bottom of the grip frame to hold the retaining clips in place. Will not fit SEF contoured or US made grip frames"
Hmmm...funny I didn't notice or see that when I ordered 3 days ago. I did leave a comment about that on feedback about 1 hour after I got the package. I am just saying......

And on the US made polymer grip frame, it states: "This is made by PTR-91 and made to exact HK specs."

If that was the case, then it SHOULD take the grip cap. Not to mention, the contour is NOT like my clipped-pinned German-made one on my HK-91. The area behind the pistol grip is not flush with the stock (doesn't bother me but I noticed it). Nor will it take, without taking a file or Dremel tool to it, an A3 stock (I have yet to do that, but that time is coming). The receiver holes do not line up, making it impossible to insert receiver pin (both stocks are factory HK, the A2 came on the rifle, the A3 one is a take-off of another rifle). It will take the A2 stock, but the pin is TIGHT. Those points SHOULD be listed for this item. On feedback left for the grip cap and Navy housing/lower/etc, I made the above points.

Not bashing Adam or hkparts.net....this is probably the -umptenth time I have ordered from him, and will continue to order from him in the future. The points I am making should be stated as such on the item (i.e. fitting required; does not take grip cap); and possibly an e-mail sent to the purchaser if those two items are bought...just to be sure...before shipping.

PS: Dremel tool and about 15 minutes did the trick. The pin hole in the PTR lower needed opening up....and now the pin goes in with both stocks (A2 and A3). Still a little tight, but that is OK (as far as I know).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts