HKPRO Forums banner

HKpro Handgun Talk FAQ

70K views 39 replies 33 participants last post by  spentcase 
#1 · (Edited)
Maybe we can get this stickied.....

Here goes a list of the most commonly asked Handgun Talk questions, a quick answer to them (at least my opinion of such) and the corresponding search link for the Google challenged who would like to investigate further.

Also I've included a link below to do a custom Google search of HKPro. It seems to work better than the imbedded search function and may help some find the answers to previously asked questions.

HKPro Custom Google Search

Q) Is the German HK45/HK45c better than the US version?

Q) The right side slide release seems loose and rattles around. Is this normal?

A) Yes. Eventually they all do and you can either learn to love it or, as some have done, put a piece of soft sided Velcro behind it to keep it from hitting the frame.

slide release rattle - Google Search

Q) When I aim my USP Compact at the ceiling and then at the floor I hear something rattling around inside. Is this normal?

A) Yes. It's the buffer sliding up and down the recoil assembly.

usp compact rattle - Google Search

Q) Can I install the match trigger in the USP Compact?

A) Kind of but not 100% effectively. All of the match parts can be used minus the trigger with overtravel stop. The stock USP Compact trigger can be drilled for installation of the overtravel screw but varying degrees of success have been reported due the geometry of the trigger travel. I feel it's safe to say that while it may improve the trigger, neither method truly duplicates the match trigger as it's found in the full size USPs that utilize this system.

usp compact match trigger - Google Search

Q) Which springs do I need to change to make my P30 Variant X?

A) Here's the chart:

Q) Which is better? 9mm, .40 or .45?

A) Don't even ask. No matter how deep you try and bury the great debate in an "HK related question" it never get's resolved and always gets ugly. This isn't the place.​

Q) LEM or DA/SA? What's best for me?

A) This is HKs own version of the great debate. The answer is that nobody can answer this but you. It's a very personal decision that needs to be assessed case by case based on the shooters needs and abilities. Nobody's going to be able to tell you what's best for you. Best advice is to try both and see which fits your needs.​

Q) When will HK hear us and make a single stack pocket pistol?

A) In my opinion there are only two events that would lead HK to do this. The first is that HK shifts it's primary focus away from procuring government contracts and decides to focus on the civilian market. This is an extremely unlikely scenario and one that I wouldn't want to see just to get HK's answer to the Ruger LCP. The second scenario involves a government contract that’s large enough (read HUGE) to justify HK going through the process of developing and producing such a pistol. I don’t know which scenario is more unlikely but let’s just say I wouldn’t want to live on the difference.​

That's a good start. Add more as you see fit.......

See less See more
#40 ·
Q) The right side slide release seems loose and rattles around. Is this normal?

A) Yes. Eventually they all do and you can either learn to love it or, as some have done, put a piece of soft sided Velcro behind it to keep it from hitting the frame.
Another way is to slide a piece of shrink tubing over the lever and then heat it. Snugs up tight and blends in with the slide better. If you use the smallest size possible that will slide over the lever it will not impede the normal operation of it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.