HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 92 Posts

·
Merchant of Death (Admin)
11,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Because so many of you have indicated that you wanted even more training, more exhaustion, more bullets, more technique, more tips for "chicks dig it" (CDI) posing, more tactical, more HK!!!...

Tentatively scheduled for December 8th and 9th at the Impact Zone just outside of Houston (north west side).

Day One:
Tactical/Combat Pistol training. Learn from Da Pro about the techniques and discipline needed to be effective with your HK sidearm (there will be snickering if you show up with a Glock). We'll go from technique to application in one full day of action.

Day Two:
The infamous HKPRO MP5 class. This will be sub-gun training at its finest (carbines also welcome). Some of you have taken this course before, some of you haven't. What are you waiting for? Especially when combined with a day of pistol?! You'll be so tired but so happy. Learn how to effectively deploy the world's finest and most accurate sub-gun...

Details:

Cost of the class will be $375 plus range fees (TBD). This is a two-day course (Saturday/Sunday). Make plans to get in on Friday and you should probably not plan on bailing out until Monday (you will be tired)... If we get the required class minimum, I'll be able to put together a discount rate at a nearby hotel.

We must have at least 14 confirmed attendees to pull this off. It will be assumed that all course attendees already have a working knowledge of their weapons and are thoroughly versed in firearms safety. Your sub-gun or carbine will need a sling and you should also bring a holster for your sidearm. The Houston heat will likely be gone, but there will probably be the leftovers of rain on the range, so dress accordingly. As people sign up, we can see about arranging in advance for food, etc. The Thirsty Parrot is nearby for "after hours".

Sound off!:37:

·
Registered
86 Posts
I'm in for subgun and possibly pistol

I've blocked the weekend in Outlook. A definate for the Sunday class and I would like more info on Saturday fun.

Chris

·
11,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'll be getting more details from Pro and posting them. If his pistol class is anything like the sub-gun class, it should be outstanding.

·
Premium Member
425 Posts
So if you don't have a MP5 > this class is impractical?

·
Registered
86 Posts
practical mp5

We've had loaner mp5's in the past. The class also will accomadate other subguns but is designed for the mp5. You would get something out of the class if you have a Daisy Red Ryder but we should be able to manage in a higher fashion.

·
11,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm pretty sure we will have at least one loaner and maybe more.

·
11,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Tom asked me to make the post and is prepping more details about the class. Phil has been contacted about using the range and all is squared away. Should be fun!

·
Registered
86 Posts
Day 1 and Day 2 signup sheets?

My wife and a buddy are interested in taking only the pistol portion of the class. Will one be required to attend both classes or can we start registration for either one individually? If that is the case put Luci and Steve down for day one. I'm in for both days.

The wife not learning the mp5 may be a good thing.

Chris

·
11,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I can sympathize. Lemme find out. I know that Pro has been a bit swamped...

·
Registered
86 Posts
cool stuff

A buddy is bringing an UMP 45 suppressed, suppressed P7 and G36 to sample on Sunday. I suspect other goodies may make an appearance.

Tom,

Do you have a class agenda you could post for either the pistol or subgun portion? Will a participant in the pistol portion be at a disadvantage with a non HK sidearm (besides being picked on).

Whoo Hooo,
Chris

·
Registered
303 Posts
Info?

HKPRO Any more info on this class? What can be expected in the pistol portion?

·
Registered
86 Posts
A good buddy wants to attend both days

To make things confusing add another buddy of mine named Steve to the roster for both days. We can list the 1st Steve as Steve K (only taking pistol)and the one for both days as Steve V. Houston was planning to have a spare mp5 or two and Steve V will need one.

Fun Fun,
Chris

·
Registered
303 Posts

·
Premium Member
785 Posts
I'd be very interested in the pistol day. I can't make the subgun portion on Sunday. If I can do just the pistol I'd like to attend.

·
Er spricht schlechtes Deutsch...
1,955 Posts
My apologies on this guys!

I will get something out on the pistol portion later today hopefully. It will very closely mirror the HK Tac pistol course. Three days condensed into one.

·
Registered
199 Posts
I would be interested in attending the pistol course and the mp5 course if I can get a loaner. Otherwise, pistol course only. Please let me know.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Not to rush you guys but this is a month away. Some people traveling to this will need to make plans. Some will need to fill out 5320's.

·
11,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Okay... more stuff for the grist mill. Sorry it has taken so long to put this together. Pro has had life happen (haven't we all?)

This is a two day class for $375 +RF or you may take a single day for $250 +RF.

Day One (Pistol):
This is the HK 3-Day tactical pistol course squished down into one day. You will learn the fundamentals of deploying your pistol... safety, handling, readiness, shooting, positioning, sighting, drawing and firing... single and multiple targets, shooting from barricade, shooting while moving, malfunction drills, strong hand and weak hand. Plan on 600-700 rounds.

Day Two (Sub-Gun):
Another multi-day class compressed into one day. You will become familiar with the operation and deployment of the most versatile sub-gun in history, the MP5. You will learn the fundamentals as well as advanced techniques. Aimed shots, hammer shots, proper sighting and stance. Static shots, shooting while moving, auto drills, malfunction drills, shooting from cover. Plan on 600-700 rounds and another 100-200 from your pistol.

Requirements:

Pistol class requires a pistol and a holster (preferably OWB or tactical) and 600-700 rounds of ammo. Sub-Gun class requires an MP5 or other carbine with a tactical sling, and a pistol and OWB/Tac holster. 600-700 rounds for the Sub-Gun and 100-200 for the pistol. So, if you are doing both classes, be on the safe side and bring a 1000 rounds of each!

A demonstrable knowledge of gun safety is mandatory.

Dress appropriately for a Houston December (anything from sunscreen to a parka).

I can make hotel arrangements and provide lunch for those who would like.

·
Premium Member
785 Posts
Sign me up for the Pistol class only.

PM sent also.

1 - 20 of 92 Posts