HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wanting to see who is interested in having HKPRO come to the NW to teach his highly renowned MP5 school. To make it happen, we need 8-15 people. Having an MP5 is not necessary; the techniques are the same for carbines.

Location, dates, and other details are up in the air. I was thinking a suburb of Portland, OR might be a good place. It offers reasonable priced flights, the airport is close to the shooting venue, close access to the freeway, and is MG friendly.

WA is not MG friendly, so we can’t have it here. I don’t know what shooting facilities are available in/ around Portland. I don’t think many people would be interested in chancing the weather in the winter, so this might be something to do in the early spring.

If you have more than one MP5 and would be willing to rent it to me or others for this event or part of it, PM me. We can’t have MG's in WA, I’m hoping I can work something out so that myself and others can get some time shooting an MP5. If not, then I will be shooting an AR.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I'm in Portland. Don't know much about the local ranges, but there are several in the area that I know are MG freindly. I would be VERY interested in attending.

·
Er spricht schlechtes Deutsch...
2,016 Posts
Bnscong, we could use your help, then. Can you ask around? I need IPSC/IPDA targets, for the morning, then we switch to steel. Good steel targets that ring when hit are the best.

·
Needs Therapy
689 Posts
Make sure there's a nice patch of overgrown vegetation so Tom can show you how to properly care and store your MP5...

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

On a serious note, it's also good to have a wide range if possible. You'll be able to do alot more. You guys will NOT regret it. It's SOOOO worth the efforts. Hopefully some other the other guys from PA or OH or anywhere else Tom has been can come.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Sure, I am willing to help. If we can get any of the other PDX or NW PRO guys that my have connections or resources involved that would be very helpful. Lets see what we can put together!

·
2,016 Posts
This is how it starts. Let me know any and all questions. If you can wade through all the posts on PA, you can see how the issues get worked out.

·
Registered
13 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
Make sure there's a nice patch of overgrown vegetation so Tom can show you how to properly care and store your MP5...

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

That is soooo funny! Tom slinging his gun out into the weeds will be something I'll remember for a long, long, time !!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Keep me posted. I am very interested. I live in North Puget Sound. Best, Robert /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

·
Registered
253 Posts
List of All OR Shooting Ranges

I found this while looking for a suitable place. Maybe someone who lives in OR has some experience with some of these places... Im willing to make some calls. Can someone help me narrow the list down to ones we might want to use.
I see this is an old thread but.......I would love to see a class presented locally.

I live in the Portland Metro Area. I am a member of the Clatskanie Gun Range which is about an hour north of Portland (would be a closer for Washington members to attend). It is class III friendly. I know the range masters personally and I do not think there would be any problem with this range as a host site. They routinely schedule events. I also believe there would be at least several members who would attend the course. They have a wide range of steel targets and target holders on site that members can use. We should easily be able to fit 10 or more participants side by side. Ammunition can be picked at several local locations including wall mart. I have spoke with the Wall Mart manager in the past and believe we may be able to special order a large quantity of nine. Clatskanie also has a gun store in town and I am sure the owner (Sporty) would be happy to order a large quantity of nine.......Side note we have no sale tax in OR :). There are two local hotels that are affordably priced in town and may be able to get a group rate. Plenty of places to eat. Here is a link the range website http://www.crpcactionpistol.org/401.html The web site is currently under construction. Also on another side note....the range is building an indoor range and class room facility... Clatskanie is a small (poplulation 1500 or so) very gun friendly city with an established range. If it means anything I live a half hour away from tri county gun club.....and I take the additional time to travel to Clatskanie to shoot. Things are always more simple in a small town....less red tape...less hassles.

·
2,016 Posts
As I recall, we couldn't get enough interest going in this area.

If you want to run point, I'd be glad to make the trip.

Sounds like you have all the ingredients!

Wanna go for it?

·
Registered
253 Posts
As I recall, we couldn't get enough interest going in this area.

If you want to run point, I'd be glad to make the trip.

Sounds like you have all the ingredients!

Wanna go for it?
As a starting point....I will talk with the range masters this week to get a green light. How many people do we need to sign up...10+? Would have to aim for summer....a little rainy here until then.

I am glad to here you are willing to come to this part of town :) !!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Clackamas County, Oregon

You could check with the Public Safety Training Center in Clackamas, they have monthly Sunday classes in Full Auto taught by a former H&K Instructor. A full auto M-4 and MP5 are available for training. This might be a local resource. Good luck. Keep us updated.

·
2,016 Posts
As a starting point....I will talk with the range masters this week to get a green light. How many people do we need to sign up...10+? Would have to aim for summer....a little rainy here until then.

I am glad to here you are willing to come to this part of town :) !!
I'll do it with ten students miniumum.

Summer would be fine.

·
2,016 Posts
You could check with the Public Safety Training Center in Clackamas, they have monthly Sunday classes in Full Auto taught by a former H&K Instructor. A full auto M-4 and MP5 are available for training. This might be a local resource. Good luck. Keep us updated.

I bet that's Stu Nakamura. He's the best!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Clackamas County, Oregon

It is. I recommend him highly as an instructor. I've taken several of his classes, they are always challenging.
Hope you can get this organized, keep us updated.

·
Registered
317 Posts
I'm glad I stumbled upon this thread. Please keep me up to date on how this plays out. I am very interested in attending.

Thanks

Johnny

·
Registered
183 Posts
I would also like to attend. Late Jun - Early Jul time frame?
For the club web page, remove the "401.html" from the end.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts