HKPRO Forums banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
I'm moving to PDX this month and would definitely be in for an HKPRO course. Please put me on the list and I would be glad to help organize things when I get out there mid-March.
Thanks!!

·
Er spricht schlechtes Deutsch...
2,040 Posts
I'm moving to PDX this month and would definitely be in for an HKPRO course. Please put me on the list and I would be glad to help organize things when I get out there mid-March.
Thanks!!
Steel, can you run point on this?

Finding range, suitable targets, etc? Not that hard really, but let me know if you're up. The success of the course really depends on the local contact.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Tom,
Yes, I'm up to be the point on this.
Although, it seems that repins05 has done some legwork already.
Repins, do you want to run point on this?

Also, I'll be new to the area but if everyone can send me whatever info they have, I can follow-up.
I'll be out in PDX by the 21st and will be looking for a range to join anyway so this would be a great excuse to check even more out.

I've read through the PA thread and as long as we get the people, I'll ork with everyone to make sure we have everything set for a great course.

Repins, If you can reply or PM me to let me know how you want to proceed, we can start collecting the info and leads from everyone.

Thanks,
Craig

·
Registered
100 Posts
I'm in Portland, and interested, as long as my poor semi-auto clone is allowed to join in.

steel996, if you are moving to metro PDX, I'm a member at Tri County Gun Club in Sherwood, OR. $150 initiation fee, $125 a year. Mostly outdoor facilities except for an indoor 24hr 22LR range. I have never tried to get a training class held there but it might be worth a shot. They do not allow full automatic firing on the range (MGs must be shot in semi auto only) so that might make it less appealing.
http://www.tcgc.org/

Another possibility for the location is the Firearm Academy of Seattle, located halfway between Seattle and Portland in Chehalis, WA. Marty Hayes and his wife Gila have a very large facility with numerous ranges. I don't know if they allow other instructors/training schools to rent their facilities, but the place is huge and could easily accommodate it.
http://www.firearmsacademy.com/

·
Er spricht schlechtes Deutsch...
2,040 Posts
You could check with the Public Safety Training Center in Clackamas, they have monthly Sunday classes in Full Auto taught by a former H&K Instructor. A full auto M-4 and MP5 are available for training. This might be a local resource. Good luck. Keep us updated.
We can't use a range that doesn't allow full auto.

This place seems to be the ticket.

Can anyone follow up on the availability of this?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Has anybody checked with the Albany club? about an hour south of Portland. They have a full-auto shoot 1-2 times a year and I think they run a sub-gun match monthly, so full-auto is not a problem. If it's after June 1, I'm in. No more vacation until then.
The problem with Seattle is full-auto is forbidden for peasants.

·
Registered
49 Posts
HK PRO MP5 in NW WE are in!!

Please Please! My wife and I are both in (His and Hers MP5'S) I may have up to 4 people but 2 for sure. I will also help with setting things up if needed. Also have 91, 93, 51, 53, SD and .... COSSA (http://www.oregonshooting.com/cps/) in BEND OREGON allows full auto as well.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Repins05, I live in south puget sound in Washington. I am very involved with the Washington state government and the pro gun people up here. The range that you were talking about being classIII friendly, by state law MUST be on federal property. Like Fort Lewis, Yakima Firing Center, Bangor Sub Base. Washington has had a law since 1934 preventing private ownership of full auto. You can shoot full auto on any military facility because state gun laws have no juristiction. It is Federal Property. Washington passed that law way back in the 30's because they were afraid of gangsters and tommy guns. Up until 1996 anyone who was military full or part time was allowed private ownership of full auto. In 1996 State Representitive Adam Smith of Kent Washington had two words added to preclude private ownership. "Official Duty". That ment if you were out on manuvers you could have a full auto, but you could not privatly own anymore. I know of several full and part time military guys transffered in as many weapons as they could before the door closed. At present there are 1,256 legally registered and privatly owned full auto weapons in this state. What was in the state at the time the door closed is grandfathered in and they are allowed to keep there toys. But, you are not allowed to go to your local range and fire those weapons. It legally can only be done on Federal property. Most of Washington gun laws suck. You can legally own and posses a suppressor, but there is a state law that says if you are caught shooting with a suppressor, even at a gun range, you can be prosecuted for a gross misdomeanor. The state thinks that if you have one and are caught shooting it you must be up to no good. What we used to always do, was go down to the Albany rifle and pistol club in Albany Oregon. They have an excellant facilty and have three gun matches every year. As you can see from my avatar I took second place down there several years ago using a G3. I also know alot of the Oregon Rifle and Pistol association and PDX would be a great place to hold a class. For me, that is only a two hour drive. I would be interested in attending it myself. I live here now because I work for Boeing but when I retire, in a few years, I am getting the h*ll out of this state so I can play legally. I may not be able to own at the presant time but someday I will. So to have the knowledge is not against the law up here. Knowledge is priceless. let me know your plans on the course, I will be there. Thanx...

21 - 28 of 28 Posts