HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Er spricht schlechtes Deutsch...
1,701 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gose and SS?

You listening?

Is this something that is possible in your countries?

Let's talk. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I have been bantering this around with the chef. He recommended I speak with you guys.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I think we would get a carload Germans in, too!
Would be great.
What about Germany, Tom. With your connections to H&K??

·
1,199 Posts
Can I come along if I promise to carry all your baggage? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

·
Registered
5 Posts
Count me in, Sweden, Norway, Finland or Germany doesn't matter I am so there /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

·
1,701 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Germany is a no due to the laws. I need input from the Fins Swedes, Norwegians etc, as I am not familiar with their laws. Some say Finland is the best bet. But we need a range, and several MP5s, or semi auto carbines, lots of ammo and the ability to move and shoot. Now you guys tell me. Where can we legally do that?

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

·
Registered
34 Posts
I've got access to several ranges where we can move and shoot full-auto with anything we can lay our hands on.

Problem is to lay our hands on something around here.

I can round up a few Swedish Ks but thats probably it, more or less. Pistol caliber carbines are very rare and pretty much the only semi rifles around are mini14s.

There are a few dealers around with quite a few full-auto "demo guns" that I probably can talk into spending a day at a range with us (FNCs, G18s, Ks, Galils, M16s, G3s, UZIs, Thompsons etc) but I dont think thats really what you are looking for?

Another tiny issue is that I'm leaving the country in less than five weeks...

When it comes to other suitable nordic countries, Finland is probably the best when it comes to availability of ranges and guns. Norway should be ok as well.

edit: How about Switzerland, Austria or Czech?
Full-autos will probably be a no-go, no matter which country we end up in, but semi-autos and gun laws should be pretty favourable in those three countries and they are close enough to some of our German friends...

edit edit: Whats wrong with Germany? Laws regarding moving and shooting and access to ranges, because surely guns cant be a problem? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

·
Registered
10 Posts
Count me in if this happens anywhere within EU.
We could do it in Finland, legislation is ok. I know a few people with semi autos who would probably participate. The thing is that in my opinion we would need someone with access to a military range. Unless someone knows a suitable private range in southern Finland? Tuukka could probably organize something but he's in eastern Finland, quite a distance to travel...

Which reminds me: Tom, have you checked into expenses? Flying overseas, hotel etc. I dont think it comes cheap.

·
1,701 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I haven't checked yet, but I don't have a location yet either. Besides, I need enough of you to participate, to fund that.

Can someone run point?

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

·
Premium Member
293 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
The thing is that in my opinion we would need someone with access to a military range. Unless someone knows a suitable private range in southern Finland? Tuukka could probably organize something but he's in eastern Finland, quite a distance to travel...

[/ QUOTE ]

It is quite difficult to arrange something like this in a finnish military range. We can´t even bring friends with double citizenship to the range unless we apply a tons of paperwork but I don´t think that it´s impossible, hard maybe.
There are only few military ranges here in southern Finland that allows full-auto weapons. I have no connections to private ranges.

Oh, Tuukka is not so far away from Helsinki. After all this is a small country and if the Tour is arranged in Joensuu Finland we can all stay in Hotel Kimmel. Very nice place /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif.

·
Registered
528 Posts
I have relative, (officer) in near garrison in here Hämeenlinna where I live.
I can ask if he can help us with permit to military range here.
It has old subgun range, so it´s perfect. Problem is, that nowdays it´s prohibited from civilians and
only army and reservist can use it as shotgun range.
Also here is great old hunting castle " Vanajanlinna " that is now a hotel.
There is small classrooms if we need and castle is only a few kilometres from that army range.
Foreing and of course Finnish HKPRO members could stay this hotel and I can arrange good package like 1-2
nights + that classroom if I know how many are interested.
But of course, first thing first is to get permit to that range.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Sounds very ok for me!

If there are plans and there is room I would love to join to!
I have an European firearm license. so I can take my guns anywhere in Europe.
So I will take some 'goodies'

Let's keep this warm, I would love to participate!

Vincent, Netherlands

photo of European Firearms Licensce EFL.

H

·
0 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
Can I come along if I promise to carry all your baggage? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]Damn, you said it first! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Been meaning to do something different for a vacation... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

·
Registered
5 Posts
What about us poor swedish fellas without access to any suitable hardware. I would love to go and I bet the Chef would too but we will probably have to rent or borrow or something. Is this possible?

·
Registered
528 Posts
There are very few places where you can rent MP5 or similar carbine here.
But you can always "rent" my semi MP5 for nominal fee.
I think it can handle few thousend extra rounds /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
and I think that other participates that have similar weapons can offer same.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Is Sweden part of the EU?
if it is you can have an European Firearm License.
with that you can take your weapons to another country.

I this all is arranged I will bring my guns.
they are listed below /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
I will share them with other members so
we can shoooooooooot many many rounds /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Have a nice day!

Vincent

·
Registered
528 Posts
I was in contact to the person who grands permits to the military range here and now I send written application to garrison commander for the use of that range.
He did say that full-auto shooting is prohibited, but otherwise it´s possible to get permit.
But final decision is in the hands of commander of that garrison.
Let´s see...

·
1,701 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thank you for doing this, SS. I apppreciate all your efforts.

·
Premium Member
293 Posts
This is beginning to look promising...

I hope you guys can make it happen. If so, and you need any assistance, I´m in. I live in less than an hour away from Hämeenlinna.

Miku

1 - 20 of 71 Posts