HKPRO Forums banner
41 - 60 of 71 Posts

·
Premium Member
293 Posts
If it turns up that June is not an option, the conscripts basic training ends in mid-September. It is still warm here in Finland and the weather is not that rainy yet (usually /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif ). June would be the best option, there are a minimum ammount of conscripts in service during that time.

Miku

·
Er spricht schlechtes Deutsch...
2,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
June might be doable, not saying it isn't. It will be the better part of a week's vacation for me, to get there rested, and figure out all the logistics, etc.

Where would this be in Finland?

·
Registered
528 Posts
We can arrange this also in July.
In July new punch of army recruits begin their basic training including weapon handling and combat shooting.
That´s why whole shooting range area is full of army grunts in July, but there might be some free space especially in weekends.
Usually in July the weather is good.
In the last two summer July was only time we have two to tree weeks of hot and sunny weather.

Shooting range is in Hämeenlinna.
It´s nicely only about 100km from capital city Helsinki and main airport.
I can arrange accommodation here and also ammo etc. if there is enought people comming, so that we can make this happen.

G

·
[ QUOTE ]
Arch, forget bringing your guns to Finland. Practical impossibility.

This is something that the Fins/Swedes/Norwegians will have for themselves.

[/ QUOTE ]I was hoping for the best. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif But I had a feeling it would be like this. I know some Finns on this web site own the Expert 40; just thought I'd compare it with my Expert 45. I guess I'll have to do it some other time. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

If I do this, I can say my first trip to Finland involved SMG training. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

·
2,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
Well, if you could borrow guns from the locals, it would certainly be doable.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

·
Registered
4 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
I know some Finns on this web site own the Expert 40; just thought I'd compare it with my Expert 45.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll be there with my .40 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

So if/when this happens you can count me in.

·
2,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
Looks like we need to start talking price, since it looks like flights alone are in the $1400 range.

Probably do 14 students maximum, in the neighborhood of $350 each. Ten or so would be $400 each and I need at least eight to make the trip.

How does this sound?

German contingent: Komm doch!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

--Tom

·
Premium Member
293 Posts
I was wondering the expenses as well and that sounds good to me. I´m in.
I hope we can make this happen, what do you guys think?

Miku

G

·
[ QUOTE ]
I'll be there with my .40 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

So if/when this happens you can count me in.

[/ QUOTE ]This is sounding better all the time. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

How about getting an Expert 45 to get a comparison going? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Tom, thanks for pointing out the high cost of airfare so I can budget accordingly. Graduate school or meet some fellow H&K addicts in Finland? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

·
Registered
5 Posts
$400 you say... no question, I'm in, if I can rent some hardware from someone.

Is it going to be a pistol or subgun class... or both? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

·
2,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
It's primarily a subgun class. Full auto not necessary. I have plenty of pistol tips too.

Thank you for your interest!!

·
2,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
If we were to get a class of fourteen and seven of you had guns that you didn't mind doing double duty, that's all we would need. Everyone needs a sidearm, and that's part of the class.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
4 Posts
300-350€ is not bad at all. Does this include ammo or is that some extra. In either case i'm GO /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Only longer gun I can have my hands on is a sig551, not something you would call subgun /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

I'll try to search that 45 expert /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

·
2,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
Does not include ammo. I would check with the folks to see if you can do this class with the 551. I am not opposed to .223 at all.

·
Premium Member
293 Posts
I would like to make a small request.
If this takes place in June, I hope it´s not the second weekend, 10th - 11th of June.

I know it´s bit early for this now but if it goes to that particular weekend, I´ll have to make arrangements that will uppset some local reservists. That´s why I´m on the issue this early.
Miku

·
2,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #57 ·
That should be avoidable.

I only have June 24 as a no go weekend. Other than that, I should be good.

Need to start getting a head count going.
Who is in?

·
Premium Member
293 Posts
Thanks,

You can count me in but I only have a sidearm to bring along. I hope we can get the equipment gathered somehow.

edit:
The ranges are propably not full until mid-July when the conscripts start their training with live ammo, so this might lenghten our calendar a bit. Their service starts 10th of July 2006 and they won´t be heading to the range in the first few days.

·
Premium Member
1,730 Posts
I hate to say this, but I'm going try to get to the Vegas school instead.

41 - 60 of 71 Posts