HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,625 Posts
Um, wow, didn't notice that at all in the first pic until I went to the larger version in the link. That's not a table those guns are on, it's a mountain of cash. Cash in the walls, cash on the floor, cash in the closets. I just don't get the drug dealer mentality - once you have hundreds of millions, why do they keep doing it? I'd go buy my own island. Like Manhattan or Rhode perhaps. Naw, screw that, they don't allow cool toys there. I know, Padre! That's the island I'd buy.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Combined DEA and Mexican Police raid in Mexico City.

BTW, this wasn't actual drug money, but from the sale of legal, albeit controlled chemicals, used to make meth.

$207 million is the largest single drug cash seizure the world has ever seen. This is like law enforcement hitting the ultimate jackpot. But luck had nothing to do with this windfall. This record-setting feat was the result of tremendous police work by Mexican law enforcement in collaboration with DEA throughout the past year.

This money was seized from chemical brokers that were supplying chemicals to Mexican cartels to manufacture huge quantities of methamphetamine—most destined for the United States. The citizens of Mexico and America should be encouraged because seizing this criminal organization’s revenue not only operationally and financially disrupts that organization but also cuts off the supply of a vital ingredient needed to make methamphetamine.

Mexican trafficking organizations operating on both sides of the border are the source of at least 80% of the meth consumed in this country. Less than a year ago, DEA and Mexico entered into an historic partnership to combat meth trafficking. I said at the time it was much more than a piece of paper or a press opportunity—it was a real joining of forces to target the global meth trade. DEA sent specialized lab teams and trucks to meth hot spots in Mexico, trained more than 2,000 Mexican police officers, and jointly targeted meth traffickers. Our partnership is clearly working—together, we are confronting and impacting the once untouchable Mexican drug trade.
MAR 20 -- $207 million is the largest single drug cash seizure the world has ever seen. This is like law enforcement hitting the ultimate jackpot. But luck had nothing to do with this windfall. This record-setting feat was the result of tremendous police work by Mexican law enforcement in collaboration with DEA throughout the past year.

This money was seized from chemical brokers that were supplying chemicals to Mexican cartels to manufacture huge quantities of methamphetamine—most destined for the United States. The citizens of Mexico and America should be encouraged because seizing this criminal organization’s revenue not only operationally and financially disrupts that organization but also cuts off the supply of a vital ingredient needed to make methamphetamine.

Mexican trafficking organizations operating on both sides of the border are the source of at least 80% of the meth consumed in this country. Less than a year ago, DEA and Mexico entered into an historic partnership to combat meth trafficking. I said at the time it was much more than a piece of paper or a press opportunity—it was a real joining of forces to target the global meth trade. DEA sent specialized lab teams and trucks to meth hot spots in Mexico, trained more than 2,000 Mexican police officers, and jointly targeted meth traffickers. Our partnership is clearly working—together, we are confronting and impacting the once untouchable Mexican drug trade.

Attachments

·
Registered
266 Posts
just need 2 min and a bag...with no one looking!

·
Registered
130 Posts
That's probably what is left in there...

I bet the room was full up to the ceiling when the cops showed up

:)

·
Registered
569 Posts
I'm pretty sure that the house was owned by a Chinese man with connections back east.

·
Registered
43 Posts
While I can understand the temptation to snag a couple of stacks, my compulsive sense of honesty would prevent me from doing so.

·
Premium Member
8,625 Posts
While I can understand the temptation to snag a couple of stacks, my compulsive sense of honesty would prevent me from doing so.
Hopefully my compulsive sense of deviancy would be overriden by my compulsion to be sure no one was looking and just grab a stack or two.

I could pull a Sandy Burglar and just stuff afew stacks into my pants and socks.

What? $207 million? I'm pretty sure it was only $206 million. You guys should count it again. And I'm going to be out for a few days, I'm feeling a cold coming on.

·
Registered
329 Posts
I wouldn't grab 50 cents if someone left it ontop of a washing machine but even I'd sure as hell swipe a couple of those bricks in a heartbeat.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts